Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
I heard somebody say that if Liverpool wins CL and City wins the PL, both sets of supporters would be somewhat disappointed, wanting what the other one has.

Is that generally true or not?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I heard somebody say that if Liverpool wins CL and City wins the PL, both sets of supporters would be somewhat disappointed, wanting what the other one has.

Is that generally true or not?

Considering Liverpool hasn't won the league in 29 years and considering that UCL is the one trophy remaining to validate the oil money takeover of City, I could see there being some truth to this. One of my co-workers is a diehard Liverpool fan and From the beginning of the season he said Klopp should focus solely on the league.

Regardless, I don't think either set of supporters would balk at winning the respective trophies.

I think Liverpool now have the infrastructure to return to perennial EPL title challengers. They have the coach and have shown they can challenge both domestically and in Europe. They have the purse and competitive clout to attract the best players.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Considering Liverpool hasn't won the league in 29 years and considering that UCL is the one trophy remaining to validate the oil money takeover of City, I could see there being some truth to this. One of my co-workers is a diehard Liverpool fan and From the beginning of the season he said Klopp should focus solely on the league.

Regardless, I don't think either set of supporters would balk at winning the respective trophies.

I think Liverpool now have the infrastructure to return to perennial EPL title challengers. They have the coach and have shown they can challenge both domestically and in Europe. They have the purse and competitive clout to attract the best players.

This.

I wouldn't say no to a CL trophy (who would?) but given the choice I would prefer an EPL title. But what's better than one trophy...2 :shaq:

As to the bolded Klopp is already a legend :wow:. ..but when he delivers that first title
full

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
This.

I wouldn't say no to a CL trophy (who would?) but given the choice I would prefer an EPL title. But what's better than one trophy...2 :shaq:

As to the bolded Klopp is already a legend :wow:. ..but when he delivers that first title
full
Double incoming :blessed:

The last laugh will be ours and these nikkas not ready I swear to god :banderas:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
He took his time and not gonna lie was very disappointed with him just because I knew the talent that was there and he seemed a prime candidate to hit the ground running given his skillset but he’s been crucial this final push and bodes very well for next season where I think we will see him step it up another level :wow: Ox looking like he’s not missed a step either, that midfield competition next season gonna be something else :wow: and that’s without another attacking mid possibly coming in :wow:

Klopp unleashed him just at the right time, he looks like a fresh singing that we picked up in April.

Funny how Jurgen did the same thing with Fabinho bringing him in much more after January, I remember there was even media speculation that he were to return to France due to being unhappy not seeing first team football.

:heh:

And now Ox is back too

:banderas:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
lol @ heavy lifting

you mean crashing them out of cl against a Pogba-less ManU

Neymar is comfortably psg best player and if he was playing against ManU while Mbappe was injured, they would easily advance.

Lol Mbappe stepped up the first leg...handled tings dolo while Cavani and Neymar were out

30 Ligue 1 goals this season in 27 games...only Messi has more....meanwhile your man basically played 13 league games this entire season. So yes heavy lifting.

And we saw Neymar in the first leg against Liverpool :scust:...second leg the whole team played better.