Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Man City have the following 5 fixtures between Apr 9-24:

@ Tottenham (CL)
@ Crystal Palace
Tottenham (CL)
Tottenham
@ Manchester United

If they run thru those matches unblemished, God bless they deserve the title.

And if they don't, the team that bottled a 10 point lead should win it :heh:

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
I know it isn’t glamorous but I wonder if he woulda been a better right back than centerback.

It's possible he was a proper swash buckling right back but his poor positional sense would have made him food for wingers once he lost a step. All that flailing and wrestling he does would have probably doubled his number of red cards had he stayed out wide. He did play as an emergency holding midfielder at times when he first got to Madrid so maybe he could have carved a career out there but who knows? Guy is a living legend based off nothing but intangibles it's crazy.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It's possible he was a proper swash buckling right back but his poor positional sense would have made him food for wingers once he lost a step. All that flailing and wrestling he does would have probably doubled his number of red cards had he stayed out wide. He did play as an emergency holding midfielder at times when he first got to Madrid so maybe he could have carved a career out there but who knows? Guy is a living legend based off nothing but intangibles it's crazy.

He played DM under Ramos, Carlo and Zidane also.

He would of been a more exotic Lee Cattermole.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Stevie McGrin got the Spanish again :laff:

Should of been gone off the hair alone

0_Reading-v-Queens-Park-Rangers-Sky-Bet-Championship-KC-Stadium.jpg

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
Mourinho preferred him at RB, which was part of their beef.

I think Pepe got the DM role more often when needed under Mourinho IIRC.

Madrid didn’t win then with Pepe doing that role, so why would Ramos do better?

That shyt wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I was just referring to all the hacking they did during those Clasicos. Regular Lee Cattermole would have loved those matches too.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
I still feel we never got to see Messi's full peak. I feel breh hasn't had an actual coach after Pep that would teach him stuff and improve his game more.
I could be wrong tho

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
You don't pay Herrera £200k p/w or whatever more he wanted. He's not a commercial assets that will bring in money for that sort of wage.

If he didnt spoil sanchez with ceo money ander doesn't die on 30k. Plus, he was and is an important player eho never really got his fair shot.