Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

noondawg

Pro
Daps
I don't understand how anyone can honestly think Ronaldo is better then messi.. that's not a diss as he's world class but fukking come on...the greatest. Luckily got to watch him live..If I ever see a player that is better than messi in my life time( which I hope I do) just imagine how much of a freak he will have to be :dwillhuh:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
that Messi chip...you just run out of things to say about the little genius.
i was expecting a good game but that Milan derby ended up being fantastic.

Lyon got a steal with Dembele from Celtic. there should have been an extra 10 mil on that fee.
he's really getting going now or them. looks a bit clumsy and disinterested at times but such a consistent goal scorer.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I don't understand how anyone can honestly think Ronaldo is better then messi.. that's not a diss as he's world class but fukking come on...the greatest. Luckily got to watch him live..If I ever see a player that is better than messi in my life time( which I hope I do) just imagine how much of a freak he will have to be :dwillhuh:

Messi can have his crown in the weak La Liga while Ronaldo rules the CL :manny:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
I don't rate la liga. Eventhough Barca have beaten English teams (and will destroy Man U easily), I really don't think they'll be beating teams left and right in the EPL, same goes for Madrid. EPL is more tougher and full of surprises. No way Barca winning 8 EPLs in 10 years like they did in la liga.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Tell Messi to win a world cup. Ronaldo too. Neither of them are the GOAT. This is honesty the weakest era of defenders in Football history. Realistically, Ramos is the only central defender from this era going down in history as an all time great defender. Why? he's clutch, a known hot head, 4 time CL winner, 3 CLs in a row, Scoring the goal that took 2014 CL final to extra time to win, won everything internationally and has been the best central defender in the world since 2014. I don't consider, Thiago Silva, Dante, Pique, bonucci etc as defensive legends.

As for full backs, those are Dani Alves, Marcelo and lahm.

The previous era we had legends like Nesta, Cannavaro, Costacurta ,Maldini, Cafu, Ashley Cole, Stam, Puyol,Zanetti, Samuel, Zambrotta, Grosso, davids, roberto carlos etc. I could go on and on. What defender today is even half as good as the these? Messi and Ronaldo would not be styling on these motherfukkers. Defenders today are dog shyt.