Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
tbh, I assume thats what they did.

then I thought Harvard students were supposed to be smart :lolbron:

haven't been following concacaaf. jamaica has no chance of world cup 2014 tho right?

massive chance. if they beat guatemala next game, they are as good as in. they also ahve the easiest last game, so if someone slips up (usa/guatemala) they can get in .. IF they dont lose against guatemala

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I'm trying to think up ways in which one could actually cheat on a take home exam?

Of course it depends on the test form, but take home exams are usually essay. You could simply copy each others work but that's stupid and too easy. You could plagiarize from other sources but that wouldn't be a collaborative effort (which I never got. Just cite ffs).

Perhaps at Harvard the pressure got to them. Had to cheat.

I dunno :yeshrug:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh:

Now that I've read the article I see. Either collaborating or plagiarizing. They really are that stupid :heh:

Introduction to Congress was the class lol. But you never know, those take home exams are usually harder than an in class exam.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
They gave a take home exam for an intro class tho :dwillhuh:

When I was in school, that was usually 300/400 level courses. Not an intro course. :scusthov:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I had a "take home" final for my Intro to AA Studies class. They handed you an exam at 2 PM, and you go anywhere to do it, as long as you handed it by 5 PM sharp.

You couldn't really cheat though. Best you could do was listen to the seminars that were recorded and stored online, but that took too long. I just used my notes, a some of my papers, and a couple websites to write it. Ended up with a B-.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
They gave a take home exam for an intro class tho :dwillhuh:

When I was in school, that was usually 300/400 level courses. Not an intro course. :scusthov:

The course had a reputation for easy grading and little required effort, and had a large contingent of student-athletes looking to make room for their time commitment to sports, according to the students. But for reasons that remain unclear, Matthew B. Platt, the assistant professor who taught the class, made it much harder last year, they said.

I remember I took a class like that in undergrad called 'Creative Technologies'. shyt was cake and all the football players were in it. I told one of my friends about it and when he ended up taking it they switched up the entire curriculum and made it hard as fukk :laugh:

It's just a case of professors being dikks I suppose

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
:ohhh:

Now that I've read the article I see. Either collaborating or plagiarizing. They really are that stupid
:heh:

Introduction to Congress was the class lol. But you never know, those take home exams are usually harder than an in class exam.

it just goes to show that just because your going to an ivy league school doesn't give common sense.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I remember I took a class like that in undergrad called 'Creative Technologies'. shyt was cake and all the football players were in it. I told one of my friends about it and when he ended up taking it they switched up the entire curriculum and made it hard as fukk :laugh:

It's just a case of professors being dikks I suppose

Man there was nothing better than walking into the first class of a course and finding out it was cake.

*walk in and take seat* :whistle:

*Spot athlete after athlete around you* :unsure:

*Takes a look at passed out syllabus*

One paper, 3-5 pages, double spaced 20%
Attendance 10%
Homework that you didn't even need to hand in on time 10%
4 Exams, worst one gets dropped 60%

Cake course! :lawd:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
For fukks sake, they cheated for a fukking Intro class?

There's no hope for the future of this nation. Absolutely fukking none.

:comeon:

If there's an easy way out no matter how easy the obstacle is, 9 outta 10 ppl will take it

I know I woulda cheated on an intro class exam if there was a test bank :mjpls::jawalrus:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Man there was nothing better than walking into the first class of a course and finding out it was cake.

*walk in and take seat* :whistle:

*Spot athlete after athlete around you* :unsure:

*Takes a look at passed out syllabus*

One paper, 3-5 pages, double spaced 20%
Attendance 10%
Homework that you didn't even need to hand in on time 10%
4 Exams, worst one gets dropped 60%

Cake course! :lawd:
the "one exam score dropped" was always clutch. :ahh:

attendance tho :ufdup:
especially freshman year when I couldnt be bothered with attending class some days.