Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
:dead: Mans mentioned Harchester United...forgot about this show back in the day :russ:

p370672_b_v8_aa.jpg
So much fukkery :wow:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Let the record show that City got gifted a penalty today today. I'm just not gonna quote tweet random supporters on Twitter or say that City got that penalty because the League wants a title race because I'm not a fukkboy. Refs are fallible muppets sometimes, that's all.

200.gif

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Let the record show that City got gifted a penalty today today. I'm just not gonna quote tweet random supporters on Twitter or say that City got that penalty because the League wants a title race because I'm not a fukkboy. Refs are fallible muppets sometimes, that's all.

Lol.

Did he dive though?

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
At least Lukaku proved he can score goals when he can but Sanchez gotta :camby:

I'll give Fred another season but dude was getting that ultra work from that Palace midfield

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
At least Lukaku proved he can score goals when he can but Sanchez gotta :camby:

I'll give Fred another season but dude was getting that ultra work from that Palace midfield
I used to absolutely destroy Miki when he was with us but the Sanchez swap has turned out to be the worst deal united has ever done. Sanchez is completely done at any decent level.

I still cannot believe he has been this bad. Barely a footballer anymore. He's physically finished.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I used to absolutely destroy Miki when he was with us but the Sanchez swap has turned out to be the worst deal united has ever done. Sanchez is completely done at any decent level.

I still cannot believe he has been this bad. Barely a footballer anymore. He's physically finished.

I told people this and they wanted to bring Messi and C dot up and when I broke down the amount of games played, they still didn't want to listen.

From an argument I had back in Oct.

His legs have totally gone. Playing 4 summers on the spin from 2014-2017, should be as the main cause of this, especially with his style of play, playing in the physically demanding PL and longevity as a player, this is 14th season as professional and he isn't even 30 yet.

He should be seen as a cautionary tale, to show why playing tournaments every summer, with the players getting minimal rest, between the end of one season and the start of another, will see more players end up, having a sudden decline like this. His decline is similar to Rooney's, started playing 1st team football at a very young age and along with his high energy style and chasing down lost causes, when he finally did hit the so called athletes peak in the late 20's, it actually was the start of his decline.

So then I got this.
.So how do you explain Messi and CR7 then? Both started as teenagers and both have got better, or at least adapted and maintained their standards, as they've aged, and Messi, at least, has played the same tournaments as Sanchez, every summer, for a lot longer. Sanchez was never anywhere near their levels to start with. You're just trying to find excuses that don't exist.

When I never claimed Sanchez was on the level of MO and C dot

And then breaking down Messi and C dot.

Messi and Cristiano conserve their energy and barely do any chasing down or tracking back. They have had Suarez and Benzema for that at club level to do the leg work for them, so they can remain sharp at all times. You have to factor in that La Liga isn't as physically demanding or as intense as the PL is.

So by each of their 20th birthdays for club and country (senior level)

Sanchez had played 168 career games
Cristiano has played 120 career games
Messi has played 118 career games

Also Messi and Cristiano don't really get picked for international friendlies through out the course of the season anymore, so they get more rest.

So since 2010 Sanchez has played 94 games, Cristiano 86 games and Messi 84 games for their respective countries.

And in the period from 2014-2017 games played for their countries

Sanchez played in 55 games
Messi played in 40 games
Cristiano played in 38 games.

Club games over the same period

Messi 204
Sanchez 198
Cristiano 195.

All I got back was

. Your analysis doesn't add up or convince me. Anyone can produce numbers to prove any theory.

:russ:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Breh, at the time 30-40 + Miki felt like we got fukked. I wanted the money plus Martial, but man...

Sanchez fell TF off. We robbed you guys.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Btw I watched the USA-JAPAN women's friendly. I actually can't wait till the WC in the summer.

Also, Christen Press had the french braids in and was looking so fine. :noah:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Breh, at the time 30-40 + Miki felt like we got fukked. I wanted the money plus Martial, but man...

Sanchez fell TF off. We robbed you guys.
i don't think we robbed them, i would have preferred money or a straight martial swap. mikhi isn't worth the wages he's on. he had an excellent game yesterday, but that's few and far between since his arrival. arsenal need to get get back to players being worthy of their salaries and players with promise. i might make fun of spurs, but our wage bill is way too high for them to be finishing above us, they have better allocation of resources.