Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Has there ever been an american called 'gavin'?

Or has any 'gary' ever been referred to as 'gaz'?

These are the things i'm wondering at this time.

There was a singer named Gavin who had a couple hit songs in the early 2000s. I think he's the one who sang that I don't Want to be song.

EDIT: Yup, I was right.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gFCW3PHBws"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gFCW3PHBws[/ame]

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I actually know a Gavin, and he's Black

iAPvRssCCmkdq.gif

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Has there ever been an american called 'gavin'?

Or has any 'gary' ever been referred to as 'gaz'?

These are the things i'm wondering at this time.
I went to High School with a Gavin

Always thought that character was based on Craig Bellamy.

I thought he was Robbie Fowler.

honestly cant see this because of how about his looks that Gavin dude was.

I thought he was DBecks until DBecks was in the 2nd movie, so I dont know.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
May come as a surprise to some, but on just pure novelty, I kinda like this whole GBE/OTF/300 Movement. Don't get me wrong, I won't put any of this stuff in the Zune now, but I feel it.

Beats go hard:lawd:, they bout that life:violent:

Last edited by a moderator:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Didn't know that so many people on the site watched Soap Operas. Leaving with women and being the youngest in the house, had no choice. Shed a little tear when all them Soaps got cancelled.

Part of my childhood died when those Soaps went RIP:to:

Once in while The Arcadium churns out a good thread

http://www.the-coli.com/arcadium/39149-tv-shows-you-embarrassed-say-you-watch-name-em-8.html

I was more a young and the restless guy. Victor and Drusilla was the only one that keep me interested.

Drusilla was bad too. :ehh:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I started watching updated 90210 because I wanted to support Mike from the Wire getting some shine. The plotlines that they give this dude are so bad it's hilarious. But at least he's getting paid.

When it turns up on Netflix I'll still watch the last season. I heard they hooked up Dixon with Adrianna. :leon:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I went to High Sschool with a Gavin

honestly cant see this because of how about his looks that Gavin dude was.

I thought he was DBecks until DBecks was in the 2nd movie, so I dont know.

I thought he was Robbie Fowler.

Gavin was too fukked up to be Becks. Santiago seemed more like Becks.

Fowler is a good shout because they guy who wrote the series is a big Liverpool fan.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
So Fellaini wants out? I hope he stays in the EPL but he could be great midfielder in Italy.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Americans Abroad: Aron Johannsson Starts Strong - NYTimes.com

While most of the top leagues in Europe are taking an early break for the FIFA international window, the first eight games of the Danish Superliga season already has some great stories.

The perennial power F.C. Copenhagen has returned to its dominant form and will probably be the favorite this year after a stunning collapse last season. Aalborg and the defending champions, F.C. Nordsjaelland, are also in pursuit of one of the Superliga’s two Champions League berths.

One of the biggest surprises, however, is the play of AGF Aarhus’ 21-year-old Icelandic-American forward Aron Johannsson, who is leading the Superliga in scoring with seven goals.

In his past two games, Johannsson has been remarkable: he scored all four goals in a 4-1 win over a strong Horsens team, including three within four minutes for one of the fastest hat tricks ever, and in his next game he scored twice against Silkeborg.

“The last two games everything went great,” Johannsson said. “It has been a little bit surprising for me. At the start of the season we were not playing well and it was not looking good. Then it came and we played a brilliant game. It happened very fast.”

Johannsson has been with AGF Aarhus since 2010, when he transferred from the Icelandic club Fjolnir. At the time AGF Aarhus were in the Danish First Division (the country’s second tier), but the club quickly earned promotion back to the Superliga.

Growing up as a youth player in Iceland, the right-footed Johannsson played primarily on the wing in a 4-3-3. But when he moved to Denmark, he switched to a forward role in a 4-4-2, and it is in this position where he has flourished.

Last season was Johannsson’s first in the Superliga. He scored seven goals in 30 games but all of them came in his final 16 appearances. With his strong finish carrying over into the current season, he now has 14 goals in his last 24 Superliga games and is considered one of the more promising forwards in Denmark.

“I came here two years ago and I was just a small kid from Iceland who was never really expected to do anything,” Johannsson said. “In my old club in Iceland, I used to be the best player. When I got to AGF, I was nothing. I then realized I had to work very hard mainly in the gym to get physically stronger. I worked very hard to get into the team and now, two years later, things are going really well.”

AGF Aarhus is an ambitious club, rebounding after a difficult season in 2008-09 which saw it surprisingly relegated out of the Superliga. With a core of young players such as Johannsson, AGF finished last year in fifth place and this year has a goal to finish in the top four and earn a spot in the Europa League.

Based on the club’s recent play, Johannsson is optimistic.

“We want to aim for the Europa League this year because I think we have a good enough team to make it,” he said. “I’m the top scorer right now and I’ve scored six goals in the last two games and those were the best two games we’ve played as a team. If we continue to play so well as a team then of course I hope to continue to score.”

Johannsson’s strong start has also brought questions about his international future. He holds dual citizenship with Iceland and the United States since he was born in Mobile, Ala., where his parents were studying at the University of South Alabama.

He returned to live in Iceland when he was three years old but returned to the United States at 17 to play at Florida’s IMG Academy. It was there he played with United States youth internationals Zarek Valentin and Gale Agbossoumonde.

In the current international window, Johannsson is playing with Iceland’s under-21 national team as it prepares to face Belgium. His continued strong play in Denmark, however, could soon attract interest from the United States national team, which regularly competes in the World Cup and has a stronger national team than Iceland.

Johannsson said he was happy playing with Iceland but should the United States national team call, he realizes that the offer could simply be too good to pass up.

“To tell the truth, I’ve never really thought about playing for the United States national team,” Johannsson said. “I’ve lived in Iceland almost my whole life. I’ve always had it as a goal to play for the Icelandic national team. But if Jurgen Klinsmann calls me and says he wants me to play for the United States, then it would be pretty hard to say no. “

:ohhh:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Football, like baseball, is one of those sports that I always try and make an effort to get into. I like the game but I can't ever be bothered learning all the teams and the big players on those teams. Like always there's too much going on the first day and I end up just watching what's on TV.

Giants, always.. Jets in the background (provided there's no soccer on), SNF, MNF in the background

With basketball I don't even bother watching any of the games, I like hockey more but there's too much to follow every day as well. Don't even follow boxing all that much anymore.

Of course sports betting changes these thoughts as soon as it factors in but I don't really do it for these sports anymore.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Brehs. I saw this niqqa Nathan Dyer (Swansea) out last night. I seem to always see footballers when I visit my boys in southampton.
This man is proof that size doesn't really matter in terms of prem footballers. Dude is like 5'5 and has a tiny ass frame :wtf:
I think dude tried to son me. He was hype as fukk and just walked up to me talkin bout "That a topman ting darg?" Referring to my shirt . It was a topman shirt so I didnt know if dude was takin a sly shot at me rockin cheaper clothes or he actually bought something similar (which would be weird as he prob earns like 25k a week)

He was with some slore and she shouted out "yo nathan lets go" and then i clocked who it was but for some reason I said "You nathan redmond mate?" The niqqa flipped :laff: NATHAN REDMOND :ohmy: WTF? I tried to correct myself but dude was just actin a fool. It was jokes.

Later some lil nig was askin him for a photo and he was shoutin out "watch me on motd bruv!" :laff:

Footballers are dikks.
I know, cool story :hmm: