Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem is what manager do they bring in? With the boards reputation and abramowiczs money laundering scheme, no sane manager with long term aspirations will take that job. They will only get a mercenary type manager like van gaal for a year or two. Chelsea needs foundational changes that I don’t see in the near future.

Chelsea can easily get managers, why not, spend a year in London, get paid handsomely, get paid even more handsomely with the severance package and your reputation is intact because nobody will blame you.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Chelsea can easily get managers, why not, spend a year in London, get paid handsomely, get paid even more handsomely with the severance package and your reputation is intact because nobody will blame you.
That’s precisely my point. That manage solves nothing.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hazard is overrated as hell. He has so many apologists who blame the manager whenever he under performs, but it's clear that he's not a consistent force. He just has periods and flashes of brilliance.

Whoever compared him to Neymar should go do their research.

Sane Chelsea fans know that Hazard is the tier below Ronaldo/Messi and he will never be the worlds best, lack of consistency and plays within himself. Look at his comments about his football philosophy, he just wants to have fun and that's it. With all that said his flashes of brilliance are :banderas:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Barkley has been badly exposed, I wasn't expecting anything world class but damn. Kovacic I did expect better from tho

Kovacic looks tidy but has no end product. Doesn't really score barring a hattrick in the Europa League for Inter and doesn't assist either. His problem was, he had a good season with Inter and needed to go to a club where he would continue to get games week in week out, but went to Real and we know he was only getting games if one of Kroos, Cas, Isco or Modric were out.

What is pretty damning about Barkley is when he came out and said he hasn't been properly coached till he got to Chelsea. Bobby Martinez over indulged him and didn't correct his poor play and allowed him to continue making the same mistakes over and over again. Also forcing him to play as a #10 when he wasn't ready nor that type of player. As his whole career from youth level and his early pro games with Wednesday and the last days of Moyes, he was played as an #8. Let's be honest at Barkley's age (25) you should know what your game is and everything is about having a level of high consistency. He is the opposite.

Listening to Barkley speak and see how he plays, he doesn't come across as particularly smart.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The problem is what manager do they bring in? With the boards reputation and abramowiczs money laundering scheme, no sane manager with long term aspirations will take that job. They will only get a mercenary type manager like van gaal for a year or two. Chelsea needs foundational changes that I don’t see in the near future.
tenor.gif