Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
There is "no hope" of finding missing Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala alive, a rescue official has said.

The Argentine striker, 28, and a pilot were on board the plane which lost contact off Alderney in the Channel Islands on Monday night.

Chief officer of Channel Islands Air Search, John Fitzgerald, said "even the most fit person" would only last a few hours in the water.

The search for the missing aircraft and its occupants resumed on Wednesday.

Sala reportedly sent a WhatsApp voice message to family. Sounding conversational and jokey, he said he was "so scared".

Media in Argentina reported he said: "I'm on a plane that looks like it's going to fall apart."

Guernsey Police said there were three planes and one helicopter in the air as they searched for traces of the Piper Malibu plane.

The force said: "There is as yet no trace today of the missing aircraft. The search is ongoing and a decision whether to continue will be taken later today."

Officers are also "reviewing satellite imagery and mobile phone data to see if they can be of any assistance in the search".

:mjcry:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Brazil ain't like the US or Europe, tho.

You're asking for trouble if you dress too flashy round there.

Not even flashy per se. Just dressed with well fitting clothes. I feel like they almost go out of their ways to dressy bummy.

But then again, my sample size might be small. I’m sure there are people who dress well in certain areas.

I deff ain’t coming to the favelas dressed like a GQ fashion icon.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I assume Cardiff, as he was their employee and he had training the next morning. The plane belonged to Willie McKay a UK agent who is based in Monaco.

Who happens to be pals with Arry.

:ohhh:

Old Monaco McKay. Apparently Sala booked it himself and/or declined their offer. Just reading up on this.