Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Future Arsenal player

I like Iwobi...but I'd take him over Iwobi...not to mention the contingent of French players we got.

To be fair, this thrashing came at the perfect time 5-1 should be fresh in this front office's mind going into the window.

Throw Ozil + $25 million for Koubaily at Napoli and $35 milly and swoop on Toby...

Last time we poached a Spurs player we went Invincible a few years after :gunnerbron:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They wanted Wenger out, they have to die on this hill. Crowned Emery too early.

This spend spend spend attitude is pointless. Arsenal are poorly run. Wage bill is insane - would be shocked if it isn’t 3rd highest in England. Very old squad. Needs to bottom out and stop signing stop gaps. Wenger has to go but we hired the wrong man.

I actually don't think Emery is the issue here. He has had one window to make an impact on this squad, Klopp has had three years. Its not realistic to ask for the type of results that people are asking for. Now, EVERY team in the EPL has more money to spend this season...EVERY SINGLE ONE. They have to spend money on more top quality defenders, Ozil is a liability in Emery's system in the same way that Zlatan was a liability in Barcelona. Top player in the wrong system. Simple as that.

The defending must be fixed and it won't be fixed without spending. :manny:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I actually don't think Emery is the issue here. He has had one window to make an impact on this squad, Klopp has had three years. Its not realistic to ask for the type of results that people are asking for. Now, EVERY team in the EPL has more money to spend this season...EVERY SINGLE ONE. They have to spend money on more top quality defenders, Ozil is a liability in Emery's system in the same way that Zlatan was a liability in Barcelona. Top player in the wrong system. Simple as that.

The defending must be fixed and it won't be fixed without spending. :manny:

Klopp had three years but they had sold Coutinho and Sterling to fund their rebuild. And there was a clear system he was trying to build even with players who weren’t his. He deserves time but he’s already cost us. Hatem Ben Arfa already exposed Emery.

I wasn’t expecting a title challenge, I pray we win the Europa League but I thought 4th was attainable. We’re 1 point better than last season with Aubameyang, Torreira, Sokratis, Leno. We have regressed.

Arsenal spend poorly. £108M on strikers in two windows. £35M on Mustafi, £350K a week on Ozil, £200K a week on Mkhi. Too many players over 30. Going to lose Ramsey for nothing.

Last edited:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Bullshyt excuse for bottling it hard, Klopp has used probably the same 7 players in the last 10 matches

That's not difficult to do when you have the most amount of time off between fixtures :dead:

Du7qL22WsAAtLej

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Klopp had three years but they had sold Coutinho and Sterling to fund their rebuild. And there was a clear system he was trying to build even with players who weren’t his. He deserves time but he’s already cost us. Hatem Ben Arfa already exposed Emery.

I wasn’t expecting a title challenge, I pray we win the Europa League but I thought 4th was attainable. We’re 1 point better than last season with Aubameyang, Torreira, Sokratis, Leno. We have regressed.

Arsenal spend poorly. £108M on strikers in two windows. £35M on Mustafi, £350K a week on Ozil, £200K a week on Mkhi. Too many players over 30. Going to lose Ramsey for nothing.
Even with a terrible defense, you had an idea of what klopp was trying to do. He never sacrificed his philosophy to get results. He got killed in the press for it. Look at him now.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Even with a terrible defense, you had an idea of what klopp was trying to do. He never sacrificed his philosophy to get results. He got killed in the press for it. Look at him now.

What @gho3st said is my point. Arsenal spent poorly in the years up to Emery, all of those players down there are Wenger signings. You sell Ozil, you sell that backline, and you get SOMETHING. Then you fix that back line. Blaming a manager in his 4th month and ONE transfer window is fukking madness. I see what Emery wants to do with this team...something he never had the money to do in Seville and never had the FREEDOM to do in Paris.

Auba is the best striker in England right now WITH THIS TEAM. Torreira has been great, and Leno hasn't had the luxury of a back line that won't force him to make crazy saves all day. 4th is not only attainable...I think its going to happen AND Europa chip will happen. But don't front like because we lost to one of the best transitional attacks in all of the world that the sky is fukking falling...its 3 points. Same as every other match.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I like Iwobi...but I'd take him over Iwobi...not to mention the contingent of French players we got.

To be fair, this thrashing came at the perfect time 5-1 should be fresh in this front office's mind going into the window.

Throw Ozil + $25 million for Koubaily at Napoli and $35 milly and swoop on Toby...

Last time we poached a Spurs player we went Invincible a few years after :gunnerbron:
stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

so much delusion in one post :mjlol:

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Yeah agreed.

What @gho3st said is my point. Arsenal spent poorly in the years up to Emery, all of those players down there are Wenger signings. You sell Ozil, you sell that backline, and you get SOMETHING. Then you fix that back line. Blaming a manager in his 4th month and ONE transfer window is fukking madness. I see what Emery wants to do with this team...something he never had the money to do in Seville and never had the FREEDOM to do in Paris.

Please tell me what he is trying to do.

I'm not judging Emery on this game or the games against Chelsea or City. It's still early in process and there will be some bedding in time. My issue is the games against Crystal Palace, Huddersfield, West Ham, Watford, Brighton, and Southampton. Could even include Wolves in there. The issues are:
  • He has overplayed Guendozi, Bellerin, and Torreira.
  • Poor starting line ups and poor substitutions
  • Persisting with Aubameyang up top alone when that's where he struggles the most
  • Poor man management of Ozil, Ramsey, and Lacazette
  • Playing 3 DMs at home to bottom half teams
  • Extremely cautious and conservative game plans but we still allow a lot of shots and thus goals
  • Our defense is worst than ever before. Including the season United dropped 8 on us. We're on pace to give up 57 goals this season in the league. That's worse than any season under Wenger and more than relegated Swansea and Stoke City last season.
  • Lack of an obvious playing style or identity
Also, Emery has a 2 year contract with an option for a third year. Why invest a great deal of money in a short term manager?

Auba is the best striker in England right now WITH THIS TEAM. Torreira has been great, and Leno hasn't had the luxury of a back line that won't force him to make crazy saves all day. 4th is not only attainable...I think its going to happen AND Europa chip will happen. But don't front like because we lost to one of the best transitional attacks in all of the world that the sky is fukking falling...its 3 points. Same as every other match.

We will see, if Emery wins the Europa League he's achieved a lot.

Auba isn't that great. Average speed, scored in 1 game against top 6.

Arsenal have to rebuild this team but this match actually worried for me from a structural point of view. Our wage bill is around £20M more than Spurs and £10M less than Liverpool without Champions League football 2 years running.

Last edited: