Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
giphy.gif

Watch Arsenal week in, week out and you will see Emery what we are seeing. Weird substitutions, the Mkhitaryan fascination, unbearable first halves, ultra defensive while having no defensive philosophy, and over using players.

Then his man management, you can't be a big time manager and not be able to manage egos.

He's not picking the players under the new football structure solely, I think the wait until he has his players excuse is only kicking the can down the road. We had a decent summer window but the profile of players is worrying.

The Mkhitaryan fascination comes from a lack of wide players and he's more willing to put in a shift defensively then 8 and 10 are.

Iberian coaches being exposed as one dimensional :skip:.

Some of you aren't going tinkle it, but let's keep it reality, if we really break it down to the nuts and bolts, the majority of these are really just an Exotic Pulis and Big Scam. :sas2:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
The Mkhitaryan fascination comes from a lack of wide players and he's more willing to put in a shift defensively then 8 and 10 are.

He only looks like he's putting in a shift.

Some of you aren't going tinkle it, but let's keep it reality, if we really break it down to the nuts and bolts, the majority of these are really just an Exotic Pulis and Big Scam. :sas2:

No lies told. All Emery wants is more running and tackling. He practices set pieces religiously too. And we not gonna talk about the strategic fouls.

Emery had issues with Neymar, Isco, Ozil, and Ramsey. Makes you think.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
giphy.gif

Watch Arsenal week in, week out and you will see Emery what we are seeing. Weird substitutions, the Mkhitaryan fascination, unbearable first halves, ultra defensive while having no defensive philosophy, and over using players.

Then his man management, you can't be a big time manager and not be able to manage egos.

He's not picking the players under the new football structure solely, I think the wait until he has his players excuse is only kicking the can down the road. We had a decent summer window but the profile of players is worrying.

I feel you, the way arsenal have started 95% of the game is baffling, they are either losing or drawing at half time. That is on the manager clearly. But the real point is that the players that arsenal have as a whole are average or slightly above average. Cech is washed and Leno is suspect, the backline is weak as hell, there is no one in that back four that would replace one of Liverpool´s back four.

U guys have been trash on defense since wenger:yeshrug:the midfield is avergae, the only one that has impress me has been torreira. Xhaka average, not as bad as some paint him but not a world beater, and Gundozi needs a loan to a lower Prem team to get more seasoning, he gives the ball away way too much.

Ramsey not discipline enough to be in the middle of the park, not creative enough for a number 10 role, not fast enough for a winger, Miki, has been below average since he came to england, Ozil is great against the bottom feeders but goes missing during the big games. Auba is world class and Laca is bordelineworld class:ehh: and iwobi is a nice dribbler , a nice game every once in a while but i dont see it, seems like another headless chicken.

Let Emery get better defenders and a number 10 that he likes and lets see.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

Check their stats this season. Neither are first choice anymore for their clubs. Combined they have a total of 2 goals. In the prem they would struggle to have the same return as Andros Townsend.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: They rarely spend that kind of dough so they must want this dude.

yeah, it's a bit shocking. I mean they do need a player like him, even though he's undersized he's much faster than Hummels and Boateng...but if they start Robben or Ribery in big big 2019, it won't make a difference. They just don't have the legs anymore to produce in big games, especially Ribery.

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

big Sam, sparky Hughes, TP and Steve Bruce are the UK managerial finesse gawds. Failures wherever they go but keep gettin work. Somebody had the nerve to suggest Steve Bruce should’ve been first in line as the caretaker manager after mourinho. Makes no sense but you just gotta salute these guys.
:yeshrug::wow:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
He only looks like he's putting in a shift.

No lies told. All Emery wants is more running and tackling. He practices set pieces religiously too. And we not gonna talk about the strategic fouls.

Emery had issues with Neymar, Isco, Ozil, and Ramsey. Makes you think.

Neymar most of the time refuses to track back and can be unbelievably selfish.

Isco has dribbled his way out of being a top footballer into a player who they will struggle to sell. He hasn't really got on with a manager since Pellegrini.

When was the last time Ozil played well in a big game?

Ramsey - lol he's not a quality player.

I'm not saying Emery is the best manager, but he's doing well with this Arsenal team thus far, a team which has major holes in defense, no speedy wingers, has to depend on Xhaka as a holding mid, and Leno or Cech as goal keepers. They are overachieving. Spurs are a much more complete team on paper and deserve their victory.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London

:scustmessican:

Dunno which set of fans are are more toxic: Arsenal or Spurs.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
We need to get stats out of football.

Neymar most of the time refuses to track back and can be unbelievably selfish.

Isco has dribbled his way out of being a top footballer into a player who they will struggle to sell. He hasn't really got on with a manager since Pellegrini.

When was the last time Ozil played well in a big game?

Ramsey - lol he's not a quality player.

I'm not saying Emery is the best manager, but he's doing well with this Arsenal team thus far, a team which has major holes in defense, no speedy wingers, has to depend on Xhaka as a holding mid, and Leno or Cech as goal keepers. They are overachieving. Spurs are a much more complete team on paper and deserve their victory.

The wider point I was making was Emery has limitations with some players. Pep, Sarri, Allergi have all had to fit players in who don't press or running around Lee Catermole.

Hes a mid table manager who can’t work with mercurial talents who win you games at the top level.

It's deeper than losing to Spurs, I've been selling Emery stock since Watford at home.

:scustmessican:

Dunno which set of fans are are more toxic: Arsenal or Spurs.

Same fanbase tbh. Only difference is one of them experienced success.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
This happens at most of his clubs. Some players will still love him but alot of them tend to hate him at the end.
Ivanovic, Matic, Essien and probably Ashley Young. So pretty much all :flabbynsick: that got playing time because they were his 'generals'.

Yes very polarizing, a lot at Inter loved him, forget who it was but there is a video of an Inter player in tears due to Jose leaving
He only stayed at Inter for 2 years. Those Italians probably would've stabbed him for his famous 3rd season form. He ran that team to the ground and majority were on the wrong side of 30 even for Serie A. No wonder Inter completely collapsed after he left.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Been sussed this out. I keep asking Arsenal fans to tell me what is identity of Emery’s Arsenal is and no one has a clue but most wont criticize that. Right now it looks like be in better shape and hope to tire teams in the second half. That shyt ain’t sustainable.

When Klopp and Poch arrived, the results may not have been there but you can see what they were trying to accomplish. It’s almost the new year and I still don’t know what Emery is trying to do except be a tanned and groomed Sean Dyche.