Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
When I saw that post on IG I thought he had dipped to R Madrid :damn:

:whew:

We all know next year he’s gonna be a Red Devil and our new #7 :takedat:

Sanchez gonna have to change his number or :camby:

Glory Glory Man UTD!!!

We getting a treble this year until the world ends :wow:

Goat Franchise :yeshrug:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Players like G. Jesus, Ronaldinho, Marcelo etc get classified as "Pardo"

Who told you this... all these people "get classified" as Black and would tell you they're Black. As for the "one-drop rule" that would be if someone like Alisson was getting told he's Black because of one Black ancestor, which does not happen like you said. But the people you mentioned look Black and are seen as such.

I mean so were American Blacks, but we had our "talented tenth" if you will. There WAS a black intelligentsia and a black high society that came out of the 20's and the Harlem Renaissance. I really need to read up more about Brazil's history its one of the most fascinating places on earth to me and yet I know nothing about it outside of football, City of God and Astrud Gilberto. :manny:

There also were associations such as Frente Negra Brasileira or Teatro Experimental do Negro

Most Black American's don't look like Willian, I don't look ANYTHING like Willian. Hell I got a homie that favors Neymar...another that looks EXACTLY like Marcelo, and my boss looks like an old ass Ousmane Dembele :russ: African-American's are just as visually diverse as Brazilians...prolly more so to be honest because of our immigrant culture.

The Pardo thing is the trip up..its not appearance really, because literally ALL of those dude woulda been just "black" in the US. Besides Fat Ronaldo...who woulda been called Puerto Rican :heh:

If you understand that term is ambiguous and can literally mean anything and the narrative of race being extremely touchy/complicated functioning as a continuation of the racial democracy myth used to suppress Black activism you stop tripping over these things.

Last edited:

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
@THEREALBRAND my Brasil jersey just arrived from China

The blue is better in person

89882015b9783feceeddfa85cfd71b0fa2f7b6a21313fd604953a5fc93fda464e88a21bf.jpg

Mine just arrived, the quality is pretty impressive :ehh:

308860j.jpg

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Yo anybody check the Man U away kit for this season, the pink joints. :whoo:

4E64B0A200000578-5969411-image-a-22_1531982581115.jpg

Kind of nice.
fukk MU though :pacspit:

Not feeling the Nike kits this season.

Liverpool's third kit :obama:

101530869026bc98e6c9.png

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Scolari’s back for his third stint at Palmeiras.

I’m surprised they would bring him back after how he left the last time, but hopefully this return fails miserably:ehh:

haggissom

Rookie
Daps
When I saw that post on IG I thought he had dipped to R Madrid :damn:

:whew:

We all know next year he’s gonna be a Red Devil and our new #7 :takedat:

Sanchez gonna have to change his number or :camby:

Glory Glory Man UTD!!!

We getting a treble this year until the world ends :wow:

Goat Franchise :yeshrug:
:francis: tbh this transfer window has been trash so far. We need a superstar otherwise I see mourinho getting sacked before the season ends.