Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They’re cult members
i was gonan type that but even saying theyre a cult is too edgy for them and they could spin it to a positive. they are dikkheads! but yes its very cultish. they are on twitter talking about net spend right now its joke.

with that said idc how much they spend its just they are flat out hypocrites. who criticizes other teams for spending money (still not as much on player as they have at least for city) yet they do the same. they do the same and end up selling any good player they have. so yes net spend should be higher. but i havent seen other top clubs in the premiere league constantly get rid of their best players as they have. i cant wait for the season to start. it will be a thriller and probably a much closer season than last year

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
i was gonan type that but even saying theyre a cult is too edgy for them and they could spin it to a positive. they are dikkheads! but yes its very cultish. they are on twitter talking about net spend right now its joke.

with that said idc how much they spend its just they are flat out hypocrites. who criticizes other teams for spending money (still not as much on player as they have at least for city) yet they do the same. they do the same and end up selling any good player they have. so yes net spend should be higher. but i havent seen other top clubs in the premiere league constantly get rid of their best players as they have. i cant wait for the season to start. it will be a thriller and probably a much closer season than last year

Everybody is terrible on Twitter though. Also Arsenal have been a selling club for a long time lol

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

It's not so much that Liverpool don't spend. But their net spend is much lower than that of the Manchesters because of the big money they've gotten the last few years from players they've sold (Suarez, Coutinho). We spend, but we ain't gotta worry about FFP.

There's a sizable (now shrinking minority) contingent of the supporters who hate the ownership because they think they don't spend enough based on their net spend.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Barcelona's transfer strategy is baffling, they are good enough to win la liga because Messi can score like 30 goals but in Europe where they need a deep squad they have trash on the bench. There is speculation that Valverde might play a 4-3-3 with Coutinho on the wing which leaves Dembele out of the team, kid has had rotten luck since leaving Dortmund. Thiago is being offered back to them as well which might be the one sensible transfer they might do, the guy is injury prone he has probably missed an equivalent of a full season or two for Bayern. Pep wanted to make him the centerpiece of Bayern but it never really materialized until Ancelotti coached him.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Barcelona's transfer strategy is baffling, they are good enough to win la liga because Messi can score like 30 goals but in Europe where they need a deep squad they have trash on the bench. There is speculation that Valverde might play a 4-3-3 with Coutinho on the wing which leaves Dembele out of the team, kid has had rotten luck since leaving Dortmund. Thiago is being offered back to them as well which might be the one sensible transfer they might do, the guy is injury prone he has probably missed an equivalent of a full season or two for Bayern. Pep wanted to make him the centerpiece of Bayern but it never really materialized until Ancelotti coached him.
If it's true then Dembele needs to put in a transfer request. There's no reason why a top 2 world talent should be warming the bench.