Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It’s 2018 breh, Dutchies are trash now lol.

But seriously, Italy and The Netherlands not having world class players is shocking.

True, but his generation is the mid 80's thru to the 90's, when they still knew how to produce a conveyor belt of talent. And with his roles working in Holland at the start of the decline in their talent pool, he should have a better understanding of what to do and what not to do.

Italy and Holland's problem is they suffer from different levels of arrogance, Italy because they distrust young players but yet icons like Maldini, Ponytail, Bergomi, Totti, all made their debuts at 16 in Serie A and pretty much were regulars by 18. We joke about Chelsea abusing the loan system, but Italians teams wanting to take 50% of a players rights from another clubs just so it gives them a reason to take a player on and use him is :dead: . Otherwise it lead to players going out on loan and never being used, sooner or later it will come back and bite you, which it has. Also you dont have any longer coaches like Zeman and the Brescia coach who changed Pirlo from a #10., who would play the youth

While Holland's arrogance was they didnt adapt with the times and felt it would turn around sooner or later, then will everyone else was using their methods and gaining better results (Spain/Barca/Germany doing it better.) Also when they had figure heads like Michels and Cruyff they had a clear vision and ideology (which lasted about 30-40 years). Cruyff pissed people off and was largely ignored by the FA's and the disciples of Michels and Cruyff (mid 80's and 90's team), have had unspectacular coaching careers and the coaches from the 80's and 90's are old and chasing money. Michels & Cruyff best disciple is Pep.

Hollands best bet was is putting Van Gaal in charge of everything, but as we know he is too much of a straight shooter for the men in suits who make the decisions.

Last edited:

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
True, but his generation is the mid 80's thru to the 90's, when they still knew how to produce a conveyor belt of talent. And with his roles working in Holland at the start of the decline in their talent pool, he should have a better understanding of what to do and what not to do.

Italy and Holland's problem is they suffer from different levels of arrogance, Italy because they distrust young players but yet icons like Maldini, Ponytail, Bergomi, Totti, all made their debuts at 16 in Serie A and pretty much were regulars by 18. We joke about Chelsea abusing the loan system, but Italians teams wanting to take 50% of a players rights from another clubs just so it gives them a reason to take a player on and use him is :dead: . Otherwise it lead to players going out on loan and never being used, sooner or later it will come back and bite you, which it has. Also you dont have any longer coaches like Zeman and the Brescia coach who changed Pirlo from a #10., who would play the youth

While Holland's arrogance was they didnt adapt with the times and felt it would turn around sooner or later, then will everyone else was using their methods and gaining better results (Spain/Barca/Germany doing it better.) Also when they had figure heads like Michels and Cruyff they had a clear vision and ideology (which lasted about 30-40 years). Cruyff pissed people off and was largely ignored by the FA's and the disciples of Michels and Cruyff (mid 80's and 90's team), have had unspectacular coaching careers and the coaches from the 80's and 90's are old and chasing money. Michels & Cruyff best disciple is Pep.

Hollands best bet was is putting Van Gaal in charge of everything, but as we know he is too much of a straight shooter for the men in suits who make the decisions.
Nice copy paste :dame:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Nice copy paste :dame:

ninjakick2_medium.gif

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
@THEREALBRAND I am a Nacional fan and saw Rodrygo get kicked out of the game by my mans Fucile:russ:

Fucile was the/one of the best fullbacks in WC2010 and one of the best I've seen play for Uruguay National Team. After the Santoa game in Uruguay he said he had no choice but to take him out of the game because he couldn't stop him :russ:

breh is past his 30's and way out of his prime but he said Rodrygo was one of the toughest players he has faced in his career so the breh must really be the real deal then:ehh:
Yeah, he’s only 17 but he has all of the raw potential to be great. He still needs time to develop, but to me he has the highest ceiling of any young phenom that I’ve seen in the Brasileirão in years. His work rate is second to none on the pitch and his finishing is razor sharp when he’s on his game.

I just hope he becomes a more well rounded player before he takes the leap to Europe. He still has some flaws that good teams exploit a little too easily.

Last edited:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Brilliant finish from Gabriel Jesus, but he was so offside :heh:

Hope this silences the Firmino/Gabriel Jesus debate. They’re both great players.

Last edited:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
I honestly would not be surprised if Peru topped their group and France took second. Wouldn't even be surprised if France came third.
:russ: Slow your roll bro. France is going to finish on top of their group. Face Croatia in the round 16 and win. The only issue is can they beat a granite and tough Portugal in the Quarters. I think they can but Portugal got a squad. Ronaldo finally has help. That match up could get ugly fast for France.