Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Not only born there but most likely there for generations. They're most likely very Saudised.

I can see a Yemeni in the team too :mjgrin:

That's the thing with Saudis and other tribal Arabs...your last name is like an I.D card. It identifies where everyone is from.
i just goolged it said 10% of Saudi Arabia is black
and due to the high rate of alleged Arab/AFrican intermarriage and large amounts of migrants in Saudi Arabia that number is probably higher.

which is brazy. considering the US is like 13% black.

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Liverpool brehs who are some good keepers we should be looking to get. Thus, far all our signings look great. Though, admittedly I wish we'd have signed Thomas Lemar but its whatever. Need some solid keeper(s) & possibly unloading some players.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:mjlol: Arsenal wanting Leno the German Joe Hart. Don't why he is rated so highly, everytime I see him he either drops a clanger or has 3+ goals put past him.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Liverpool brehs who are some good keepers we should be looking to get. Thus, far all our signings look great. Though, admittedly I wish we'd have signed Thomas Lemar but its whatever. Need some solid keeper(s) & possibly unloading some players.

Allisson (Roma) is the #1 target, but he's waiting to see if Madrid want to grab him first before looking to Liverpool. Oblak is another one, but Atleti have slapped a €80 million price tag on him. That's too much. To compare, City paid a PL record fee of 35 million pounds for Ederson.

Right now I think we'll end up with Strakosha from Lazio. Good, young keeper (22) with a lot of promise, but he doesn't have a lot of big match experience yet. If Madrid do grab Allisson I wouldn't be against trying to get Navas either. I still rate him as a world class keeper.

Last edited:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Allisson (Roma) is the #1 target, but he's waiting to see if Madrid want to grab him first before looking to Liverpool. Oblak is another one, but Atleti have slapped a €80 million price tag on him. That's too much. To compare, City paid a PL record fee of 35 million pounds for Ederson.

Right now I think we'll end up with Strakosha from Lazio. Good, young keeper (22) with a lot of promise, but he doesn't have a lot of big match experience yet. If Madrid do grab Allisson I wouldn't be against trying to get Navas either. I still rate him as a world class keeper.

Brazilian agents are damn good, and tbh I don't rate Alison one bit, and I definitely don't think he deserves to be the NT's starting keeper, Ederson should be the one under the sticks, as he is proven and he's shown his qualities at the highest level in the PL. We cleaned up in qualifiers but we really weren't put to the test and Alison barely put in work.

Is it only Alison and Oblak that are out there, surely we should be looking at 5-10 other keepers in the market that are 1/4 the price of these guys

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Brazilian agents are damn good, and tbh I don't rate Alison one bit, and I definitely don't think he deserves to be the NT's starting keeper, Ederson should be the one under the sticks, as he is proven and he's shown his qualities at the highest level in the PL. We cleaned up in qualifiers but we really weren't put to the test and Alison barely put in work.

Is it only Alison and Oblak that are out there, surely we should be looking at 5-10 other keepers in the market that are 1/4 the price of these guys

Butland :ld:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

giphy.gif

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
According to reports Real Madrid has reached out to Tite about replacing Zidane. Tite says he won’t entertain any offers or talk about future jobs until after the WC, but it would be an interesting hire.