Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Germany, Spain, Brazil, France, Belgium all have stacked teams... but I don't believe in the management of Brazil, France or Belgium that they have what it takes to beat teams late in the competition when everyone knows how you are going to play and you have to adjust tactics.

Germany doesnt have the best squad, especially if Boateng and Neuer are not 100%, but they have a great set up. Only team I see that can take them on is Spain.

Deschamps has the players but I can sense he's gonna mess it up.
Spain and France are stacked. Germany is ok but some of them are getting up there in age, Brazil has looked more cohesive. Belgium does not belong in that list, they have names people are familiar with but don't possess the same number of star players. They have KDB, Hazard and Mertens while France has way more and have a real selection headache. The problem with both France and Belgium is that they have no leaders on that pitch, France have enough to win on talent alone which is not surprising whn they have Griezman, Pogba,Mbappe,Dembele. Deschamps didn't even know how to make the best out of his midfield at the Euros he ended up with Pogba playing like a 6 and it flopped, Tite knows what his best team looks like in comparison. Spain is surprisingly a sleeper, they have to show that they will get out of the Xavi/Xabi/Villa/Puyol era. I think they look good on paper but like Barca have not really transitioned well out of that era when teams finally figured out how ti play against possession football. They never looked like they were better than France or Germany at the Euros, a midfield of Busquets-Xabi-Xavi-Iniesta is hard to replace and while they still have 2 of that midfield they are not as good without the other players.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Hopefully the squad is something like this

Pickford
Butland
Pope

Stones
Maguire
Jones
Dier

Walker
Trippier
Rose
Young

Henderson
Wheelchair
RLC
Lingard
Dele
Lallana
Delph
Shelvey

Rashford
Harold
Sterling
Vardy

TAA :ehh:

Cahill :pacspit:

Wele :blessed:

I have no issue Wele going, always plays well for England and can cover all roles across the front line.

Cahill going because of experience and he plays in a back 3. He's just an accident waiting to happen.

TAA nice tidy player, hasn't looked out of place, when I saw him play in the CL qualifiers. Had seen him play for the England youth teams, so I knew he was good, just wonder how they cope when they step up to senior level.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
England's midfield is weak to me :francis:

It's better than shoehorning Gooney into midfield.

I don't know who else you would want. Livermore? :hhh:

Wheelchair and Lallana bodies cannot be trusted. Lallana is unlucky, he got injured early into the season, rushed back too early and did himself another mischief, which set him back and he hasn't been the same since.

Chalobah and Winks been injured.
Cook isn't a defensive midfielder.
Shelvey is probably unlucky, but he has temperament issues and when you already have Alli, you can really only have one.

Hopefully Bossgate plays a 3 man midfield. Dier and Henderson playing in a 2 vs Panama and Tunisia is :hhh:.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
gif-neymarpenalty.gif

:neymarlol:

Neymar slid through like :wow: