Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
It's still a penalty kick, against a back up goalie.
There is pressure but that's a lame way for a game to end, not something that makes me say "wow ronaldo is great"

So we’re going to act like Wojciech Szczesny wasn’t the best keeper in Serie A last year :dahell:

And PKs are incredibly difficult. Many a great player has cracked under the pressure, shout-out to Roberto Baggio.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Say what you want about Ronaldo but this guy is a winner, plain and simple :wow: When the stakes are high, he tends to get the job done. It’s amazing to watch just how brilliant he is on the pitch.

As for folks talking about how easy it is to take a Pen shot...especially in the situation he was in:wow: That was pressure for sure. He just made it look easy as he does time and time again. Just what more can you say about him.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
So we’re going to act like Wojciech Szczesny wasn’t the best keeper in Serie A last year :dahell:

And PKs are incredibly difficult. Many a great player has cracked under the pressure, shout-out to Roberto Baggio.

PKs are not incredibly difficult, the vast majority of them are scored.

If you didnt think he was great before that pen you’ll never think he was great.

Doesn’t change the fact that he took a high pressured pen very well.

This isn't me saying Ronaldo isn't great, or trying to compare him to Messi.
He is great, but a penalty kick isn't what makes me believe it.
His other goals against Juventus were much better.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Say what you want about Ronaldo but this guy is a winner, plain and simple :wow: When the stakes are high, he tends to get the job done. It’s amazing to watch just how brilliant he is on the pitch.

As for folks talking about how easy it is to take a Pen shot...especially in the situation he was in:wow: That was pressure for sure. He just made it look easy as he does time and time again. Just what more can you say about him.

This is messi in the same situation :mjgrin:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Advancing under such circumstances :scust:.

Real Madrid and their jammy ass Champions League goals :scust:

Ronaldo favourite for Ballon D'or now :scust:

I need a Bayern vs Roma final.