Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Taco

All Star
Daps
exactly the positioning and placement makes is it ''easier'' to me perfect middle, no angle, training ground stuff... and again im not saying its a shytty goal i just feel not everything is greatest ever... i can see there are a few of ronaldo's admirers in the thread so i can just keep my opinion to myself
You got me wrong bruh I think the goal is THAT GREAT! How does his positioning make it easier? He had to run back to even attempt the bicycle kick. He did a gainer to score the goal on one of the greatest goalies of all time. I assume anyone who doesn’t think it’s that great never attempted a stand still bicycle let alone one where you have to work back away from the goal you’re trying to score on.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
what an era

to be able to say you saw 2 top 5 players ever live

tenor.gif
They are both top 2 for me. Perhaps even 1a and 1b

We are blessed.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GOATNALDO !!! GOATNALDO !!! GOATNALDO!!!

just scored the most incredible goal in the HISTORY of the universe

the way he ran, flew and executed = SuperGODnaldo

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
you're right about zidane's goal, the way i see it that was much harder to score than cris's, i think people are easily impressed with the overkick, to each his own i guess... i agree it's a great goal i just don't believe it's THAT great, might be biased though

and which one is cristiano the overkick scoring machine or the rugbying a sitter 10 mins later ? :lolbron:
Ronaldo's goal was harder to score than Zidane's volley. When it comes to over bicycle kicks, majority of people miss hit the ball, when they do hit the ball they hit it to the ground, many lose sight of the ball and in effect don't connect with it well. Volleys are hard but much easier to do. Zidane's volley was legendary but the space he had allowed him to time to watch the ball, perfect his stance and hit it cleanly. Ronaldo managed to score a bicycle kick with way less space than Zidane's volley.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand how it's not THAT great. Ronaldo ran back towards his own goal to get in position to bicycle the damn ball out of the air first time with perfect placement. That shyt aint suppose to happen because momentum aint on your side. Factor in who is in goal and the team he is playing and it makes it THAT great.
Actually the momentum is on your side since he's meeting the ball.
I honestly think this goal is harder to score:

A scissor kick When the ball is coming from the same direction youre running in is harder than meeting the ball. Great goal nonetheless

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Zizou's goal was harder because it was on his weaker foot. Zizou was a 2 footed player but was primarily right footed. So to do that with his left foot to the top corner. It was also the winning goal of a CL final which speaks to its importance and being on the biggest stage.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP