Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
A respectable world cup for Nigeria would be an appearance in the R16. A very good effort would be a QF appearance. An unprecedented result would be a SF appearance.
This the cup we win a knockout game we gonna be a problem :blessed:

I think this current team can go with the best of the best. But our keeper is looking mad suspect. I wish Enyema was still on the NT

Enyeama might return to the team, he retired because of Oliseh. With Ikeme out we don't have a reliable keeper.
Enyeama could come back, Uzoho looks a prospect not sure if it might be a little too soon for him though :patrice:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Nigeria looking real good with all the big nations missing the wc they got a good chance of becoming first africans to reach the semis

Its looking good for this set of African teams. Stage is set.

Nigeria,Egypt,AlgeriaMorroco,Senegal,Tunisia.

Someone has to break the quarters final mark this time.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
There is no way griezmann doesn't start. Mendy is injured and will not be fit by the world cup. Bakayoko has never been ahead of Tolisso in the French team.

Totally forgot about Mendy.

I gave Bakayoko the nod ahead of Tolisso due to him getting way more game time than Tolisso. Bakayoko starts for Chelsea game in game out. Tolisso hasn't quite sttled in at Bayern.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Its looking good for this set of African teams. Stage is set.

Nigeria,Egypt,Algeria,Senegal,Tunisia.

Someone has to break the quarters final mark this time.

It really is...I'd say outside of really Egypt and Tunisia the others are really competitive. Algeria took Germany to the limit last WC.

Nigeria and Senegal could possibly make DEEP runs depending on their groupings.

Thanks for the heads up about the Brazil squad. I'll fix it during my break.

I prefer Lacazette to Griezmann.

I personally think France is gonna have the most damaging attack in the tournament. Messi/Ronaldo aside...all of their attackers are clinical, technical and are calm in front of goal and most of all they have young talent. Also, the Giroud/Griezmann connection was gangbusters in the euros. Not to mention, Giroud's conversion rate is bananas. I wouldn't be shocked if Dechamps utilized him exactly the way Wenger does...as a super sub in the final 20 minutes.

Germany also aren't going to work with Wing Backs....if anything I think they work out of a modified 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 where Draxler and Sane can work the wings and Muller/Werner up front with Ozil free roaming in the final third.

With Spain, there is NO WAY IN fukkING HELL Busquets doesn't start in the holding position...period. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some names get added to that list due to the age of some of Spain's players. Deulofeu, Dani Ceballos and Inaki Williams in particular.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
It really is...I'd say outside of really Egypt and Tunisia the others are really competitive. Algeria took Germany to the limit last WC.

Nigeria and Senegal could possibly make DEEP runs depending on their groupings.

I personally think France is gonna have the most damaging attack in the tournament. Messi/Ronaldo aside...all of their attackers are clinical, technical and are calm in front of goal and most of all they have young talent. Also, the Giroud/Griezmann connection was gangbusters in the euros. Not to mention, Giroud's conversion rate is bananas. I wouldn't be shocked if Dechamps utilized him exactly the way Wenger does...as a super sub in the final 20 minutes.

Germany also aren't going to work with Wing Backs....if anything I think they work out of a modified 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 where Draxler and Sane can work the wings and Muller/Werner up front with Ozil free roaming in the final third.

With Spain, there is NO WAY IN fukkING HELL Busquets doesn't start in the holding position...period. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some names get added to that list due to the age of some of Spain's players. Deulofeu, Dani Ceballos and Inaki Williams in particular.

Gonna update my lineps today. Will modify the players, lineups as well as add Argentina, England and Belgium.

Appreciating the feedback so far.

Last edited:

Quarquar

Pro
Daps

I don't know what you're trying to say bro but look back over deschamp's call up history. Tolisso has always been preferred over bakayoko to the point baks said he doesn't understand why he is not getting called up but truthfully he hasn't been that great this season. I doubt he is even in the world cup squad considering he can't even make the team while pogba is unavailable

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
Totally forgot about Mendy.

I gave Bakayoko the nod ahead of Tolisso due to him getting way more game time than Tolisso. Bakayoko starts for Chelsea game in game out. Tolisso hasn't quite sttled in at Bayern.

I feel you on Baks. Like I told another poster, deschamp just doesn't seem to be that impressed by bakayoko. He has called him up very infrequently. I mean pogba is hurt right now. The fact that he can't even get a call up while pogba is injured says a lot.

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
I don't know what you're trying to say bro but look back over deschamp's call up history. Tolisso has always been preferred over bakayoko to the point baks said he doesn't understand why he is not getting called up but truthfully he hasn't been that great this season. I doubt he is even in the world cup squad considering he can't even make the team while pogba is unavailable
For club or country? He's been one of Chelsea's most consistent players.