Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
:mjlol: Breh the Coli man aint going to know about them names + outside of Strachan the rest of those players were retired before a lot of people were even born on hurrr. shyt I'm :flabbynsick: and I havent even seen those players, outside of old school football videos.

Whats happened to man like Gauld, last I heard he was on loan to Alves, Harper (the Real Madrid kid, that signed for Brighton) and apparently Burke got run out of Leipzig for being lazy and having a bad attitude. When I watch vs the u21's on Friday, it looked like Burke had regressed.

How you going to have UEFA's technical director for nearly 2 decades and your talent levels back home go to Bolivia.

That's the answer right there.

Tony watt was another lad who had huge talent, but would rather get pished and get into fights than actually work on his talent. Had 3 different managers saying he was a lazy wee shyte.

Even our great players usually have shyte attitudes, they where just so good that that it didn't matter. :mjlol:

Tierney and Robertson and some of the other young boys are a different breed though. Top quality abilty and attitudes.

YAAAASSSS McLean!!!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
That's the answer right there.

Tony watt was another lad who had huge talent, but would rather get pished and get into fights than actually work on his talent. Had 3 different managers saying he was a lazy wee shyte.

Even our great players usually have shyte attitudes, they where just so good that that it didn't matter. :mjlol:

Tierney and Robertson and some of the other young boys are a different breed though. Top quality abilty and attitudes.

YAAAASSSS McLean!!!

Reminds me of Scott Harrison.

Robertson the lad who joined Liverpool in the summer?

I'll tell you which player you who played for you, I liked , but annoyed me with wasted talent was McFadden, shall I assume he's a drinker as well.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
If Madrid win the CL again would they be the best team ever brehs?

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
Reminds me of Scott Harrison.

Robertson the lad who joined Liverpool in the summer?

I'll tell you which player you who played for you, I liked , but annoyed me with wasted talent was McFadden, shall I assume he's a drinker as well.

Aye Robertson just went to Liverpool. Great player.

McFadden is a sad one really. ACL tear fukked him and he was never the same afterwards. Bit of a derrick rose situation.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
The no poppy wearing legend has done it. :wow:

Manchester-United-v-West-Brom.jpg

My favourite player who doesn't play for Celtic. :wow:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
If Madrid win the CL again would they be the best team ever brehs?

Statistically, they would be the best in the CL era, 3 in a row and 4/5 years. The 3 in a row equals Ajax and Bayern record from the old European Cup days, but they would still be behind the Real side of the late 50's and early 60's who won 5 in a row and 6/10 years.

But they've only 2 league titles in 9 years, aka the Cristiano era, and they were 5 years apart. While Barca haven't done b2b CL win they do have 2 trebles to their names and have also won their own domestic league b2b also.

I still take Saachi/Capello Milan and Pep's 1st year Barca (it was by far the best balanced team) over them in a match. Both those teams would match up physically with this current Real team.

Like I mentioned earlier, stats wise would call them the best, but they aren't really a memorable team when I think about to all the club teams I've seen in all the years of watching.

Cristiano makes the difference in that team, if you took him out they would automatically lose half of his goals (given the replacement would at least hit half of Cristiano output as a bare minimum) and :mjlol: relying on Benzema.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Statistically, they would be the best in the CL era, 3 in a row and 4/5 years. The 3 in a row equals Ajax and Bayern record from the old European Cup days, but they would still be behind the Real side of the late 50's and early 60's who won 5 in a row and 6/10 years.

But they've only 2 league titles in 9 years, aka the Cristiano era, and they were 5 years apart. While Barca haven't done b2b CL win they do have 2 trebles to their names and have also won their own domestic league b2b also.

I still take Saachi/Capello Milan and Pep's 1st year Barca (it was by far the best balanced team) over them in a match. Both those teams would match up physically with this current Real team.

Like I mentioned earlier, stats wise would call them the best, but they aren't really a memorable team when I think about to all the club teams I've seen in all the years of watching.

Cristiano makes the difference in that team, if you took him out they would automatically lose half of his goals (given the replacement would at least hit half of Cristiano output as a bare minimum) and :mjlol: relying on Benzema.
Damn, did you witness that milan team of the 1990s? I've heard stories about them from the OGs and :wow:they even told me that peps barca don't even come close to them which had me like :dwillhuh::damn:they were that good?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Damn, did you witness that milan team of the 1990s? I've heard stories about them from the OGs and :wow:they even told me that peps barca don't even come close to them which had me like :dwillhuh::damn:they were that good?

They my favourite team.

They are about 10-15 full matches from 87-94 on YouTube, it may be even more.

Van Basten maybe the greatest technical striker there has ever been. Gullit who is in his prime had the tekkers of Henry, the strength and power of D. Diddy.
Rijkaard who could play either as a defender or midfielder with ease, was the complete midfielder and could score important goals.

The back 4 was so well marshaled that in 93/94 season, played 53 games they conceded only 24 goals in all competitions. And this was on the back of losing Rijkaard and Gullit being sold and Van Basten with the career ending injury.

From the 87-96.

They won the league 5 times with 4/5 years and 3 in a row.
Went a whole league season unbeaten, 58 games it stopped at.
Made 5 European Cup/CL finals, won 3 and played in 3 finals on the spin and they were banned for a year from Europe during this time as well.