Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

aboveclouds

All Star
Daps
Had some free time at work and got inspired by some vintage soccer posters so I made these for my Arsenal brehs :mjgrin:
2lmt4ko.jpg

20uep2e.png

214upzq.png

aboveclouds

All Star
Daps
Nicely done. They look vintage. You do the vector yourself or did you just find them online?
Thanks breh. I searched for hi-res game photos and cut the players out and did the rest of the design elements myself in photoshop and illustrator

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
This is why growing up I always love Brazil because you had skillful black players that weren't typecasted into certain positions like African and Black European players

I also love this new Young class of skillful black players like Dembele, Pogba, etc.

Even for Brazil and some South Americans in general, it's a typecast of having "flair" and "passion". Not necesarily intelligence, instead just a "naturalness" of their ability. The take away is just that they're naturally gifted.

But European countries like Italy and Germany for examples are always noted for their "tacticalness" and " machinery". Intelligence and expertise is just something always connotated to western Europe.

Last edited:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Carvajal out for two months and bale out for a month. Real can forget about la liga and just focus on cdr and cl. shyt ain't looking too good for them. If barca don't win la liga :mjlol:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
We have Seri and Kessie, Thomas Pattey, and you put Moses at cm? :hhh:

Not my team.:hubie: Was curated by the African football expert Mark Gleeson on BBC's World Football phone-in.

I wish baba could get some run. Is he healthy from the knee?

Nah, not fully. Probably won't see him until later on in the year.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Who do you brehs think would win in a South America vs. Africa match up?

Screen-Shot-2017-10-04-at-12.56.22.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-10-04-at-12.56.36.jpg

That African line up is poor by a so called African football expert. Doesn't have the best left back, best defensive midfielder/anchor and probably the second best centre back in the continent. That midfield would be overrun and the forwards would spend more times in their own halves tracking back. They would be vicious and hit with Roy Jones Jr type speed on the counter tho.

:mjlol: Benatia ain't been shyt since he left Roma.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Mweene

Aurier Bailly Koulibaly Ghoulam

Wanyama

Naby Keita JM Seri

Salah PEA Mane

If I can only pick 2 from each country then

Mweene