Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Around half of Spain's economy relies on the Catalans, that's why they don't want them breaking away.

Well then they should have let them levy their own taxes like the Basques. Both Basque Country and Catalonia are Autonomous regions (like how D.C. is autonomous but not a state). However, the Basques have control over how they levy their taxes, something thats very vital to an autonomous region...this was renewed in 07 amid the financial crisis. Such an agreement, to my knowledge doesn't exist in Catalonia. Also, the taxes in Madrid are the lowest in the country while Barcelona pays some of the highest.

Combine that with a century long Spanish national effort to snuff out Catalan culture, identity, language and customs. Then you have a condition rife for discord.

But Catalonia contributes like 20% of all of Spain's GDP. They leave and Spain is literally FINISHED as a country.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Chelsea fear Alvaro Morata hamstring injury could see star striker miss over a month and SIX matches

Chelsea fear £70million striker Alvaro Morata will miss at least a month with a hamstring strain.

The forward, with seven goals in eight matches since joining from Real Madrid, limped out of Chelsea’s 1-0 home defeat by Manchester City on Saturday after only 10 minutes.

Manager Antonio Conte claimed after the game that withdrawing Morata had been precautionary, but after a scan in Madrid on Monday the Spanish FA revealed that the 24-year-old has a grade two hamstring tear.

105tchd.jpg

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do like KDB, but he needs to do it in a CL KO stages vs the big boys.
You need to cut it out with that nonsense fam, you used to say the same shyt about Suarez and look what happened:umad:

It's not KDB fault that his team had a HORRIBLE defence the past 2 years, the kid is a baller fam stop with your stupid rhetoric about playing good against the best teams. He played great against all the big teams in the CL , if you put him in Madrid/bares type squad hes beasting and let's not act like he hasn't been getting pushed further back to the point where he now is a double pivot with Fernandinho

birdgang91

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philly to Seatown
He just got called up by Tite a few months ago. And if that overrated bum Rodrigo Caio can get convocated consistently David Luiz isn't that far off from being back in the fold as a regular.

He only got called up because the major starters weren't called. He has never made the main team since Tite took over and still has Caio and now Jemerson taking that 4th spot.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
You need to cut it out with that nonsense fam, you used to say the same shyt about Suarez and look what happened:umad:

It's not KDB fault that his team had a HORRIBLE defence the past 2 years, the kid is a baller fam stop with your stupid rhetoric about playing good against the best teams. He played great against all the big teams in the CL , if you put him in Madrid/bares type squad hes beasting and let's not act like he hasn't been getting pushed further back to the point where he now is a double pivot with Fernandinho

Breh probably didn't watch the second leg of the barca group stage match.
He gave em dat work

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
YES. This shyt has always bugged me. Cacs don't try to hide their cacology at all.

This is something prevalent with all non-white athletes in ANY sport, too.

Just one of the subtle reminders of implicit racism in our everyday world.

This is why growing up I always love Brazil because you had skillful black players that weren't typecasted into certain positions like African and Black European players

I also love this new Young class of skillful black players like Dembele, Pogba, etc.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
YES. This shyt has always bugged me. Cacs don't try to hide their cacology at all.

This is something prevalent with all non-white athletes in ANY sport, too.

Just one of the subtle reminders of implicit racism in our everyday world.

This is why growing up I always love Brazil because you had skillful black players that weren't typecasted into certain positions like African and Black European players

I also love this new Young class of skillful black players like Dembele, Pogba, etc.

I've seen it different is with Dembele when he first came to Dortmund then Barca...all the talk was about his technique and his natural two-footedness. Same with Pogba, his skill, vision and passing were highlighted in Juventus.

@Dip is also totally right here on Brazil as well. I personally think its an African/African Immigrant thing in Europe. The Ultra-Athletic Negro type thing. Brazilians are too removed from african in their eyes.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I've seen it different is with Dembele when he first came to Dortmund then Barca...all the talk was about his technique and his natural two-footedness. Same with Pogba, his skill, vision and passing were highlighted in Juventus.

@Dip is also totally right here on Brazil as well. I personally think its an African/African Immigrant thing in Europe. The Ultra-Athletic Negro type thing. Brazilians are too removed from african in their eyes.
Nah my point was I love these cats because these cacs can't typecast them into the "big powerful fast" archetype
Martial and Mbappe too