Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

:mjlol:

Then cavani missed the penalty. I was :deadmanny: watching the shyt live

Uruguayan Higuain getting no respect. Dudes walked in off the street, and took over his club after four games:mjlol:

Cavani better bow down, or he'll be gone in January. If Neymar didn't want to play second fiddle to Messi, he damn sure isn't playing second fiddle to Edinson f'n Cavani.

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
Uruguayan Higuain getting no respect. Dudes walked in off the street, and took over his club after four games:mjlol:

Cavani better bow down, or he'll be gone in January. If Neymar didn't want to play second fiddle to Messi, he damn sure isn't playing second fiddle to Edinson f'n Cavani.

Cavani :hula:neymar

:mjlol:

Cavani better cool out

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
When did Everton fans turn on Lukaku. I thought it was an amicable transfer/move.

For the club yes. For the fans no. Lukaku (and his people) was dropping hints that he wanted to leave for a bigger club and outwardly questioning for a good 2 years before this summer. A lot of people never felt he gave a crap about Everton and truthfully I don't think he did. A lot of people never really warmed to him because they knew he wasn't going to be around long term and didn't like how he talked about the team. As an Everton supporter I agree with him. It makes me mental that Spurs are considered one of the big boys in England while Everton's an also ran. Nothing they've done this summer has done anything to change that.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
@SmoothOperator88 damn came in here just to saw Everton spent money this off season, they got a nice squad on paper, they should not be sitting In the regulation zone right now

Haven't watched many English games this year but It's early doors yet,when you've made some big signings like Everton have it can take some time for things to come together.

If they're still in this position say a month from now then I'd start to worry:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
For the club yes. For the fans no. Lukaku (and his people) was dropping hints that he wanted to leave for a bigger club and outwardly questioning for a good 2 years before this summer. A lot of people never felt he gave a crap about Everton and truthfully I don't think he did. A lot of people never really warmed to him because they knew he wasn't going to be around long term and didn't like how he talked about the team. As an Everton supporter I agree with him. It makes me mental that Spurs are considered one of the big boys in England while Everton's an also ran. Nothing they've done this summer has done anything to change that.

Koeman did too much revamping of the squad or made the mistake that Liverpool made when selling Suarez to Barca when they felt the urge to just buy a bunch of average players.

Bolasie's injury had a great effect and I think that Everton would have finished higher on the table if Bolasie was healthy. The squad lacks creativity. I actually thought bringing Rooney back was bad move even prior to the disastrous start the club has had this season (I felt the move was sentimental). I heard rumors that they were pursuing Cedric Bakambu from Villareal this summer. I think that would have been a great pickup but he is not the typical hold up number 9 like Lukaku is instead Bakambu likes to use his pace to run behind defenders so maybe it was a question of system fit.

However the back 4 is too old, Jagielka and Williams are past their primes. I would have favored some young defenders and also playing Lookman who I think is a decent pickup from last year and young and also trust Davies more. Schneiderlin and Gueye are the only positives on this team.

They also have had a tough schedule so maybe it is not a true reflection of the quality of the team but at the same time even against the top sides this year they were not good offensively.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
kept Neymar in his pocket the entire game. :bryan:

Lyon squandered all their chances, and they had alot.:snoop:

I love defensive highlights...:wow:

reminds me of this

hUJrtRD.gif

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
Koeman did too much revamping of the squad or made the mistake that Liverpool made when selling Suarez to Barca when they felt the urge to just buy a bunch of average players.

Bolasie's injury had a great effect and I think that Everton would have finished higher on the table if Bolasie was healthy. The squad lacks creativity. I actually thought bringing Rooney back was bad move even prior to the disastrous start the club has had this season (I felt the move was sentimental). I heard rumors that they were pursuing Cedric Bakambu from Villareal this summer. I think that would have been a great pickup but he is not the typical hold up number 9 like Lukaku is instead Bakambu likes to use his pace to run behind defenders so maybe it was a question of system fit.

However the back 4 is too old, Jagielka and Williams are past their primes. I would have favored some young defenders and also playing Lookman who I think is a decent pickup from last year and young and also trust Davies more. Schneiderlin and Gueye are the only positives on this team.

They also have had a tough schedule so maybe it is not a true reflection of the quality of the team but at the same time even against the top sides this year they were not good offensively.

A little bit of both except, Lukaku wasn't necessarily a Suarez situation and I heard Everton promised him they would sell him this summer as a way to get him to stay last summer.

Agreed with the bolded though Rooney I feel like has played well. As well as Williams and Jagielka being too old, Baines has fallen off a cliff. I'd like to see them stapled to the bench when Funes Mori is healthy again and a new left back is needed. My biggest frustration isn't even the lack of creativity, it's the complete lack of pace and every player we bought this summer isn't pacey. Things may change when Bolasie comes back but even then he's coming off an ACL and those generally take 18-24 months to get right. Lookman and Mirallas need to play a lot more because they can at least add that dimension of pace in the attack.

I heard Bakambu and I also heard they were trying to get Timo Werner (and my pipe dream is Martial).

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Neither of you have done anything but Spurs have been better, have/has better players and been better than Everton overall in the last decade. Spurs consistency has put them into a position to be one of the big boys, but make no mistake theyre 6th and quite some distance from 5th and Everton are 7th and I would say they some distance from Spurs at the moment. You haven't won anything in this century and this is like your first season with proper money, you have ground to make up Spurs. And your history is what it is history in the past.

And no I'm not a Spurs fan either.