Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Benedito launches no-confidence vote against Barcelona board

BARCELONA -- Former Barcelona presidential candidate Agusti Benedito said Josep Maria Bartomeu must resign as a matter of urgency after launching a vote of no confidence against the club's president and his board.

Benedito, who ran to be the club's president in 2010 and 2015, officially requested the ballot papers from the club's offices at Camp Nou on Friday to get the motion underway.

Barca now have five working days to facilitate the papers and Benedito will then have 14 working days to gather the signatures of 15 percent of the club's members, which he estimates is around 16,500 people.

"This board has done a staggeringly bad job," he said as he left Camp Nou. "Bartomeu should resign, he is out of control. We are facing a really important institutional crisis and must act."

The sale of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain and the Spanish Super Cup defeat to Real Madrid this summer have added to the feeling of discontent toward Bartomeu, but Benedito has other reasons for the vote of no confidence.

Barça is a novela at this point :heh:

I can barely keep up with all of their summer f#ckery. At this point I'm just waiting for a story about Suarez biting Dembele in training or something.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Barça is a novela at this point :heh:

I can barely keep up with all of their summer f#ckery. At this point I'm just waiting for a story about Suarez biting Dembele in training or something.

Dude it really is...

Between the fukking drama that is Arsenal (expected) and the fukkery that is Barca (slightly unexpected), my summer window has been total shyt. Arsenal better pray to GOD they win europa because there's no way in hell they make the top 4 with this side, this manager, this front office and this fan base. No way.

Barca, I'm slightly more hopeful for. The front office drama there can happen in the periphery, with Gomes gone Paulinho can have some space to fit into the system. Dembele is a quality signing, Semedo is quality. They'll challenge for La Liga and prolly win Copa Del Rey again...but compared to the Madrid squads and Bayern IDK if they have the depth.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Dude it really is...

Between the fukking drama that is Arsenal (expected) and the fukkery that is Barca (slightly unexpected), my summer window has been total shyt. Arsenal better pray to GOD they win europa because there's no way in hell they make the top 4 with this side, this manager, this front office and this fan base. No way.

Barca, I'm slightly more hopeful for. The front office drama there can happen in the periphery, with Gomes gone Paulinho can have some space to fit into the system. Dembele is a quality signing, Semedo is quality. They'll challenge for La Liga and prolly win Copa Del Rey again...but compared to the Madrid squads and Bayern IDK if they have the depth.

Milan got Europa

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
Nigeria v Cameroon should be a good game today ...

If Ghana start Jordan Ayew I ain't watching :hubie:

Jordan ayew is useless. On a positive note Egypt lost yesterday to Uganda. We must take all points against Congo then beat Uganda in Kampala, which won't be easy, then its a home match vs Egypt to decide who goes to the WC. I believe should qualifying become more imminent, if we get 6 points from this turnaround, kojo will come back into the side which is huge. Idk it is sickening how far our national team has fallen. Nyantaki should be banned from the country.

Edit: I just saw the line ups massa. Jordan ayew is starting :francis:

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
Jordan ayew is useless. On a positive note Egypt lost yesterday to Uganda. We must take all points against Congo then beat Uganda in Kampala, which won't be easy, then its a home match vs Egypt to decide who goes to the WC. I believe should qualifying become more imminent, if we get 6 points from this turnaround, kojo will come back into the side which is huge. Idk it is sickening how far our national team has fallen. Nyantaki should be banned from the country.

Edit: I just saw the line ups massa. Jordan ayew is starting :francis:

We need to give Boakye-Yiadom a chance , he's been banging goals in 2017.

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

everyone should fvcking GO

Xavi Hernandez:
"Barça have signed players who do not fit into their system."

"I advise the board before signing any player to analyze if he fits into Barca's system or not, regardless of his individual quality."

"The board have signed players that dont fit Barça's style and that has been a real problem over recent years."

"Barcelona players should be happy just as they were happy under the reign of Laporta."

"Some call me a leader, but Im an ordinary person. Im educated & respect others, & believe in team effort without it you wont succeed."

"Barça have lost big stars from La Masia especially Thiago. He rightfully left because he was not given an opportunity."

"Barcelona was the best club in the world when 60% of the team was made up of La Masia players."

"The club has to make signings and reinforce the team, but when in doubt you have to first look at La Masia."

"Messi makes everyone better."

"When Im told that Barça miss me, Im selfishly happy but in truth it pains me from the inside because the club is on the wrong path."

"I like Valverde a lot, he has an approach that fits Barca perfectly. He has clear ideas. The club has been right in recruiting him."