Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
He's won there and wants to win elsewhere. Also, PSG is properly best set up to beat the likes of Real, Barca, and Bayern. Everyone talks about the French league but all these leagues are uncompetitive and will be done by January with the exception possibly being England.

It's all about you the Champions League and if he wins that and does well at Russia, he's your Balon D'Or.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PSG is set up nicely but they lack that strong mentality to overcome teams at the level of Bayern,Barca, Real. They have managed to deal with the EPL teams and shown that they can beat those (winning against Chelsea with 10 men for example) but it's when they get to Barca when everything falls apart. Neymar will help them in that regard because they have lacked that one guy with his mentality. Barca are in a weird spot, there are no obvious replacements to make a like for like switch. Dembele can dribble as well as Neymar but i don't think he has the same assist and goal output, Mbappe might work because the kid seems to be able to handle pressure like when his teammates disappeared against Juve he kept at it. Coutinho or Erikksen would be an Iniesta replacement/understudy IMO and Alli does not have the skillset to be a complete dribbler, just saw a stat with his dribble success rate in the 30s compared to Hazard who has close to 80%. It is a step back for Barca when Real is not losing any of their first 11 unless Bale gets crocked and is sold.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
He's won there and wants to win elsewhere. Also, PSG is properly best set up to beat the likes of Real, Barca, and Bayern. Everyone talks about the French league but all these leagues are uncompetitive and will be done by January with the exception possibly being England.

It's all about you the Champions League and if he wins that and does well at Russia, he's your Balon D'Or.

PSG has no heart, fam. When the pressure was on they folded quicker than Pets.com.

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
No they aren't. They played a Barca with an ageing midfield, a right back who isn't a right back and was battling hard for a La Liga title. PSG will NEVER win the UCL because their back four is GASSED. They basically got exposed by Neymar and Suarez alone. Defense wins championships, and ANY team that can get goals put on em like that could throw Maradona, Pele and Puskas in the front three and it wouldn't matter.

Emery is gassed, ALL of the back four are gassed or old (Dani Alves pending review), Veratti and Matuidi are world class. Cavani is gassed. So basically you are putting the entire hopes of PSG on Neymar..and while he has the ability to do his end IDK if he can do it with such a team. All PSG has proven is that they can win a garbage league AND THEY DIDNT EVEN DO THAT LAST SEASON.

Aging midfield? You just said Verrati and Matuidi are world class, Rabiot, Draxler and Pastore aren't top quality either?

And they've got a proven right back now yea? So that theory of yours goes out the window. Dani Alves showed he could do it in a tough league last season + ucl, so I'm sure he could give 75% in ligue 1 and turn it on for the UCL.

Marquinhos is only getting stronger, Thiago Silva has his good and bad days, i agree, but theyre not only dependent on Neymar. Pastore is a beast, Draxler is world class and you've already agreed that Verrati and Matuidi are top players as well. Did we forget they also have Rabiot who has been balling out of control and put the Barce midifled in his pocket in last season's ucl home leg, and can't forget about Di Maria, so..thats a whole lot of players right there that really doesn't make them Neymar-dependent does it?

If PSG were to play Barce again in the knockout round, and its the current PSG squad with Neymar and Dani Alves, i think its fair to say that a Neymar-less Barcelona would be defeated

Last edited:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Madrid are gonna flop this year unless they fix there forward issues. Benz has lost it and bale is a flop who just got injured yesterday. They need to cop mbappe asap and another forward cause when barca get that neymar money they going for mbappe.

Naah, Isco replaces Bale perfectly. There's Asensio too. Apart from Ronaldo, Madrid seem setup for a long ass time

Montez

Superstar
Daps
PSG has no heart, fam. When the pressure was on they folded quicker than Pets.com.

For much of Barca's history, outside of the Cruyff years in the early 1990s and the golden era of the 10-15 years they've been see as underachievers. PSG is just starting. shyt takes time.

Barca bought a player at 21. He didn't grow up in Barcelona, wasn't there from 13. It's a job and Barca have a tendency to turn on the players they deem as outsiders.

I just hope he wants the move.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Aging midfield? You just said Verrati and Matuidi are world class, Rabiot, Draxler and Pastore aren't top quality either?

And they've got a proven right back now yea? So that theory of yours goes out the window. Dani Alves showed he could do it in a tough league last season + ucl, so I'm sure he could give 75% in ligue 1 and turn it on for the UCL.

Marquinhos is only getting stronger, Thiago Silva has his good and bad days, i agree, but theyre not only dependent on Neymar. Pastore is a beast, Draxler is world class and you've already agreed that Verrati and Matuidi are top players as well. Did we forget they also have Rabiot who has been balling out of control and put the Barce midifled in his pocket in last season's ucl home leg, and can't forget about Di Maria, so..thats a whole lot of players right there that really doesn't make them Neymar-dependent does it?

If PSG were to play Barce again in the knockout round, and its the current PSG squad with Neymar and Dani Alves, i think its fair to say that a Neymar-less Barcelona would be defeated

Barca had the aging midfield. Did you read what I said? And NO Rabiot, Draxler and Pastore ARENT world class, great players but world class...no. I like PSG and I know this. They are a substantially better team with Alves and Neymar. But none of that matters when you get torched in your own half by other world class teams or the tactics are trash.

Barca last year came back and murked PSG. Imagine what would have happend if PSG went against Madrid or Bayern or Monaco or Juve....they will underachieve for the same reasons Man City will in Europe. The focus is ALL wrong.

For much of Barca's history, outside of the Cruyff years in the early 1990s and the golden era of the 10-15 years they've been see as underachievers. PSG is just starting. shyt takes time.

Barca bought a player at 21. He didn't grow up in Barcelona, wasn't there from 13. It's a job and Barca have a tendency to turn on the players they deem as outsiders.

I just hope he wants the move.

Neymar was the one who triggered the move, he wasn't pushed out at all. :what:
And the reason its like that is because La Masia for the better part of 20 years was cranking out some of the best talent in all of Europe. Not saying its ok. But there was a reason for it. But that doesn't apply here considering it was Neymar who wanted to get out of the shadow of Messi. Much of the team really wanted him to stay.

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
I don't rate Milner at all on the left dude offers absolutely nothing going forward apart from scoring from penalties but it be nice to see solanke start