Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They the same age doe. :wtf::wtf::wtf: And they play in a position where you don't need pace at all.

Nah, I do agree that This this Barca team overrated. I said earlier in this thread that MSN masks their frailties:

And them man came at my neck:

:francis:

Sure, because a single match (against another world class side) defines that a squad is trash level. Ya'll some alarmist ass stans man I swear.

Barca got exposed and worked over. Especially considering they have no right back, and they played fukkING RAFINHA.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
LMAO

Outside of MSN they are overrated though. Their strength is their unselfish style of play that maximizes and compliments the respective players roles. They play in harmony like a symphony it's something to be admired. However.

On paper Bayern have the best, most complete squad in the world, undoubtedly. This has been true for years now. Pep not winning or even getting them to a CL Final in three years is just fraudiola being fraudiola. (Really though brilliant coach). Madrid have a superior squad as well.

Ter Stegan- Has potential.
Jasper Cillessen- I watch Ajax games, so his purchase was puzzling, don't expect him to save any important penalties.

Jordi 'rat face' Alba- Great player, David Alaba is the better more complete player that kid can do it all.
Pique- Most inconsistent defender I have ever seen along with David Luiz.
Umtiti- Has potential. Needs to use his football IQ more, young black players rely on their athleticism too much.
Digne- A nobody for now, too early to tell.
Mathieu-
Vidal- A nobody for now, too early to tell.
Mascherano- Amazing player, top 5 in his position and Argentina's best player.

Rakitic- Amazing player. Modric is better.
Turan- Good player, imo not Barca quality.
Iniesta- Dude has been a longtime favorite of mine, I don't get how Xavi got more praise than this guy. All time great but he's past it now.
Busquets- Overrated. Definition of a system player. Technically superb but much too frail and physically deficient to be of any versatile use, he's a better Ganso that can play DM.
Denis Suarez- A nobody for now, too early to tell.
Sergi Roberto-
Andre Gomes-
Rafinha- Average, not nearly as good as his big bro.

Paco Alacer-
Suarez- Top 3 Cf's in the world.
Neymar- Massive potential, best winger in the world. Better than Leo in that he's been carrying his National team since 19 yrs old.
Messi- Talent wise, GOAT undisputed.

PSG Shouldn't have won 4-0 but that squad is not that good, everyone save MSN is replaceable.

I can respect this post. Like I just said to @MikeyC thought...

NO RIGHT BACK

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
I can respect this post. Like I just said to @MikeyC thought...

NO RIGHT BACK

Yeah, Alves is pretty much impossible to replace. The only other player who could do it is Lahm.

You need a new, quality DM. Ever since Toure left this has been a weakness Barca can't ignore any longer. Tiki Taka won't work against big teams anymore so busquets has to go.

That transfer ban fukked you guys over, imagine Arturo Vidal and Hummels in your backline. Everyone wants to play for Barca. Unfortunately There aren't that many good defensive players currently.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem for Barcelona is that the Enrique version is carried by the forwards. it is not based on maximizing control or having the midfield as central to their game. Previously they would plug and play any forwards with Messi but kept the midfield stable. Now they haven't invested in the midfield apart from Rakitic, they could have gone for Kroos as a Xavi replacement but decided to remake the midfield. Iniesta is good but he cannot do what Xavi did for them. Iniesta gets praise but he is more of a Laudrup/Zidane type and I don't think people realized how influential Xavi was for the midfield game, he was involved in every touch and building from the back. In 2015 the form of Messi and the forward line made up for the decline of their midfield. Barcelona can decide to either go back to the Pep model of midfield control but they would need to get a Veratti type mid or they could go with their 2015 set up that is far more direct (see their matches against Bayern and Atletico Madrid) but need someone to step in for Iniesta. The RB experiment is pretty much a wash and Messi just doing whatever the fukk he wants doesn't help for tactical discipline. The display they put up shows how they desperately need to look at the midfield if they cannot get the forwards to get back to their 2015 level.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, Alves is pretty much impossible to replace. The only other player who could do it is Lahm.

You need a new, quality DM. Ever since Toure left this has been a weakness Barca can't ignore any longer. Tiki Taka won't work against big teams anymore so busquets has to go.

That transfer ban fukked you guys over, imagine Arturo Vidal and Hummels in your backline. Everyone wants to play for Barca. Unfortunately There aren't that many good defensive players currently.

I know....Alaba was ready to make the move but Barca didn't want to have him play CDM over Busquets or even convert to a 4-2-3-1 because Messi and Neymar are the only true wingers and Messi playing centrally would leave a weakness on the right side. Umtti will be world class, and Barca failed to secure Bellerin from Arsenal or Aurier from PSG.

I don't think Busquets is so much the problem as he needs another truly amazing distributor next to him. Iniesta, for a glorious as he is is aging, and Rakitic isn't having the stellar season like he did in 14-15. And for DAMN sure Rafinha isn't a good replacement for either. Sergi Roberto's growth was stunted by having to convert to RB when he should have been on Loan, somewhere, starting as a CM.

In years previous Barca had the coaching to go with the talent...I don't think Lucho is the man right now. Barca CAN play swashbuckling football when they want to, it's just that the security blanket of Alves/Alba/Mache/Pique is not there.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Arsenal need a Viera badly. Pogba would have been a great signing for them