Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Another injury. This time Bale is out for a month :snoop:

I think Marcelo picked up a knock as well :sadbron:

Congrats Barcelona on another league title :beli:

Logmanjames

All Star
Daps
Stevie G just retired..........I'm not sure if I'll see I player with his unique ability in the prem again:mjcry:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Stevie G just retired..........I'm not sure if I'll see I player with his unique ability in the prem again:mjcry:

Don't think we will. Such a unique talent. :mjcry:

Only he could've done something like this:

cropped_Untitled-01.gif

:banderas:

Last edited:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The hell kinda accountants does Barca employ:russ:

Barcelona (AFP) – Spanish prosecutors have asked that Cameroonian football great Samuel Eto’o be handed a 10-year jail sentence and pay a 14.3-million-euro ($15 million) fine for alleged tax fraud, a court filing revealed Thursday.

They allege that Eto’o — now at Antalyaspor in Turkey — set up front companies to avoid paying taxes from 2006 to 2009, when he was a striker at Barcelona before leaving for Inter Milan.

The fraud, they say, amounts to some 3.9 million euros.

“The footballer pretended he had ceded his rights to two other companies in Hungary and Spain so as to fraudulently avoid paying taxes,” they added in accusations seen by AFP calling for Eto’o to be tried.

The income diverted to the company based in Hungary wasn’t taxed in Spain, and benefitted from the eastern European country’s low tax rate, prosecutors said.

The money put in the Spanish firm, meanwhile, was taxed at a lower rate as it came under the regime of company — rather than income — taxation.

Prosecutors estimate the footballer, a four-time former African Player of the Year, should reimburse the alleged fraud to tax authorities plus interest, and pay a 14.3-million-euro fine.

They want a prison sentence of 18 months for the 2006 fraud, and then three years jail for each subsequent year until 2009, which adds up to 10-and-a-half years.

Even if he is given the full sentence, though, he is unlikely to spend all that time in jail, given prisoners often get paroled for good behaviour.

– Barcelona players’ legal woes –

Eto’o is not the only FC Barcelona player to be accused of tax fraud.

Argentine superstar Lionel Messi, fellow countryman Javier Mascherano, as well as Brazil’s Adriano and Chile’s Alexis Sanchez, have been subject to similar allegations linked to image rights.

Messi and his father were sentenced in July to 21 months in jail for tax fraud, which they are appealing.

Whatever the outcome, the prison sentences are likely to be suspended as is common in Spain for first offences for non-violent crimes carrying a sentence of less than two years.

Mascherano, meanwhile, was given a one-year suspended jail sentence last December.

Brazilian star Neymar is also under judicial scrutiny, with prosecutors recommending he be handed a two-year jail sentence and a 10-million-euro fine for alleged corrupt practices in his 2013 transfer to Barcelona.

Eto’o spent a hugely successful decade in Spain’s La Liga, playing for both Real Madrid and FC Barcelona.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Another injury. This time Bale is out for a month :snoop:

I think Marcelo picked up a knock as well :sadbron:

Congrats Barcelona on another league title :beli:
RM has managed to overcome all of their injuries thus far.

They'll find a way to keep treading water, especially if Barça and Atletico keep struggling.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
HBS just scored an absolutely beautiful goal against Inter.

These Israeli fans are next level with the crowd hype.
Why is inter so so garbage? I swear they aint been shyt since mourinho left my god. With all that talent on paper they should be dominating europa and serie A with juve. But these guys have no fight and also what happen with gabigol?