Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
People are complaining b/c the teams just aren't very good. The fact that Leicster is on top is just laughable. This is one of Arsenal's worst teams in the last 10 years and yet this is their best chance to win it.:deadmanny:

:dahell: How is this one of the worst Arsenal sides in years? Ozil and Alexis are two of the best players in the league, you think they were better off w/Wilshere and Nicky Bendnter?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
:dahell: How is this one of the worst Arsenal sides in years? Ozil and Alexis are two of the best players in the league, you think they were better off w/Wilshere and Nicky Bendnter?
They may have more talent now but they're not a better team. People forget Arsenal was still elite for a few years after Henry and Viera left. They were just going up against that unreal United squad with CR7, Rooney, Tevez, Rio, etc.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
No it doesn't bruh. It shows the mediocrity of the league. There are about 7-8 teams in Europe that would win the EPL this year easily. Bayern, RM, and Barca would get 100 points.

A tightly contested league is the definition of competitive. I'm not saying the top English teams are elite in Europe because they're not but you can't tell me that the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A or La Liga are more competitive leagues.

PSG are 26 points clear for crying out loud. They wouldn't run the table like that in the EPL.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
A tightly contested league is the definition of competitive. I'm not saying the top English teams are elite in Europe because they're not but you can't tell me that the Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A or La Liga are more competitive leagues.

PSG are 26 points clear for crying out loud. They wouldn't run the table like that in the EPL.
Honestly bruh I think if PSG played in this years EPL they could win by 15+

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

Fair enough, it is more competitive, but I really believe it's only cause the top teams have fallen off, I would love it if it was more competitive because the "smaller" clubs stepped up.

@ the bolded, I think they would:francis:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Considering they'd have to play Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs & Liverpool twice, I don't think they would.
You underestimate PSG because of the league they're in. They've been giving Barca and Real a real tough time in the CL these last few years.

Knocked out last seasons PL champions in the CL with 10 men at Stamford Bridge last year.

Monaco gave Arsenal that work too:sas2:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Fair enough, it is more competitive, but I really believe it's only cause the top teams have fallen off, I would love it if it was more competitive because the "smaller" clubs stepped up.

@ the bolded, I think they would:francis:

I think the top teams have gotten worse but the smaller teams have definitely gotten better. Teams like Stoke getting players like Bojan and Shaqiri is a testament to that.

PSG are great team (they're my second team besides Arsenal) but no way they would run the EPL like that. The next best team in Ligue 1 is Monaco and I'd argue that Liverpool have a better squad than them.

They'd definitely win the EPL though, just not to the same degree.

EDIT: Using Arsenal as an example for one the EPL's strongest teams ain't gonna fly with me. I'm one of those fans who thinks we've been shyt for the majority of the last 10 years.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
You underestimate PSG because of the league they're in. They've been giving Barca and Real a real tough time in the CL these last few years.

Knocked out last seasons PL champions in the CL with 10 men at Stamford Bridge last year.

Monaco gave Arsenal that work too:sas2:

The thing is it's not the head to head matchups vs the volume of matches and getting a fight from mid table sides playing in England that they don't get in France

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
wake me up when lil' Lionel does this in the knockout stage of the world cup and not against Rayo Volcano :russell:
Because breaking virtually every record in existence doesn't count...:rudy:

They may have more talent now but they're not a better team. People forget Arsenal was still elite for a few years after Henry and Viera left. They were just going up against that unreal United squad with CR7, Rooney, Tevez, Rio, etc.

consider they had a new stadium to play for :manny:

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
People are complaining b/c the teams just aren't very good. The fact that Leicster is on top is just laughable. This is one of Arsenal's worst teams in the last 10 years and yet this is their best chance to win it.:deadmanny:

Well, it's nigh on impossible to have a league with 20 outstanding teams. I much prefer it this way than how it was before. Btw, I highly disagree on the bolded as although this Arsenal team is less equipped for the CL compared to previous teams, it's actually more suited to the league.