Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
I rather spurs lose out on europa as we always do poorly on the weekends after thursday game.
I feel the same to a degree but really need the Prem teams to take it serious to avoid losing the 4th spot and it could well be our best chance of qualifying for the CL this season.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
I feel the same to a degree but really need the Prem teams to take it serious to avoid losing the 4th spot and it could well be our best chance of qualifying for the CL this season.
Ya thats true but europa is pretty meaning less unless your squad has no chance of making top 4. With chelsea having poor season teams like pool or spurs can sneak into that top 4. I think leichester will eventually have decline in form. Europa nights are just way to close to weekend fixtures and players get tired easily from it. Look at the struggles of pool and spurs this weekend. Atleast yall drew. Jurgen klopp really has you guys believing again. If rodgers was still there guys like origi wouldnt have a chance for glory like he did yesterday.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Some nice matchups in the Europa as well, Dortmund/Porto is the tie of the round, Sporting/Leverkusen, Villarreal/Napoli and Spurs/Fiorentina all look pretty tasty. Spurs the unluckiest of the Prem teams, I'm happy with Augsburg but trust United to get a piss easy tie :pacspit:

Ya thats true but europa is pretty meaning less unless your squad has no chance of making top 4. With chelsea having poor season teams like pool or spurs can sneak into that top 4. I think leichester will eventually have decline in form. Europa nights are just way to close to weekend fixtures and players get tired easily from it. Look at the struggles of pool and spurs this weekend. Atleast yall drew. Jurgen klopp really has you guys believing again. If rodgers was still there guys like origi wouldnt have a chance for glory like he did yesterday.
Yea it is a drain but 4th becomes meaningless if the Prem loses the 4th CL spot to Serie A which is a real possibility and hurts us and Spurs the most. Arsenal and Chelsea will more than likely go out this round so need the coefficient points from the rest of the teams left in Europe. But yea Kloppo has us heading in the right direction, Poch is doing good things over at WHL too :salute:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Ya know UEFA, Arsenal don't have to play Bayern/Barca every damn year :martin:

Coulda mixed it up and not stuck people with that Wolfsburg v Gent pairing ... I'm just sayin

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Was guaranteed :patrice:

Some real nice matchups, Juve/Bayern, PSG/Chelsea again, Benfica/Zenit looks really even to me and City benefit from actually handling their shyt in Europe this time with a nice easy draw that should see them through to the quarter-finals. Europa League up next, I'm just praying we can avoid Dortmund :damn:

Arsenal gets Barca, Chelsea gets PSG, Bayern gets Juve and Man City gets freaking Dynamo Kyiv? :martin:

That Barca/Arsenal match gonna be tough for me.....its like watching my parents fight :mjcry:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
The winter transfer window is a pain in the ass I hope so
It sure is cause team are reluctant to sell in mid season. Liverpool had good success in winter transfer signing suarez from ajax. Its hard to get strikers esp.