Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
That makes sense:yeshrug:

I'm glad they were played/overplayed otherwise I wouldn't have heard them.

I tend to drop all my hipster pretensions when it comes to that sort of music because at the end of the day I don't know enough about it.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Goddamn Duke Dumont got another UK #1 :damn:

With deep house anthems getting this massively popular over there (and it's slowly starting to happen over here) I think there's going to be major blowback. The Max Martins and Stargate's of the world are going to start pumping out deep house sounding tracks for the Katy Perry's and Rihanna's of the world, and my music of choice will be rode into the dirt :wow:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I don't think deep house can be applied to the likes of them as easily as that david guetta type shyt can.

You're safe.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
That makes sense:yeshrug:

I'm glad they were played/overplayed otherwise I wouldn't have heard them.

I tend to drop all my hipster pretensions when it comes to that sort of music because at the end of the day I don't know enough about it.
I don't even have pretensions about it. Dance songs should be about getting a ton of people dancing, and if they fukk with it then hell yeah. My only worry is as I put in the post above, that if the American industry decides to b*stardize the music like they're doing Electro House right now, shyt might get really dark for me :to:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
I don't think deep house can be applied to the likes of them as easily as that david guetta type shyt can.

You're safe.
I dunno b. Drake has already done it with "Take Care", taking a weird Jamie XX underground jam with a raspy voiced poet and turning it into a Global Simp Anthem with Rihanna's struggle vocals blessing the track and Jason Derulo b*stardizing "Show Me Love" with whatever bullshyt he came with over that iconic jam. Never doubt the potential of the machine b. I'm scared :wow:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
@Don Rhymus Recommend me some sort of collection of deep house tunes. Preferably that is relatively modern and will give me the :wow: face when i'm smashed.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
@Don Rhymus Recommend me some sort of collection of deep house tunes. Preferably that is relatively modern and will give me the :wow: face when i'm smashed.

Are you more of an anthems breh (big hooks and shyt) or a bangers breh (no vocals or just chopped up ones, all about dem synths and basslines) or do you do as Wu-Tang financial recommended and diversify your bonds?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I like to diversify, depends on the situation. If it's for a playlist while I'm drinking with the m8s before going out then I'm all about the anthems(though that situation always tends to veer back to indie/rock stuff usually, which I obviously don't mind, but I like to get a few of these sorta tunes in:sas2:)

Already heard/got a few of those, cheers for the others though.:salute:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was gonna make a post commenting on deep house but there's really no point

Edit

Cant help myself :noah:

Long story short

Deep house has been ass since 2012, and you can thank pearson sound, joy o and loefah and swamp81 for that. They ruined the london underground scene.

That raspy poet was gil scott heron don, and drake took that beat from a track on the gil scott heron jamie xx album 'we're new here'...i still play 'ny is killing me' from that album :wow:

Night slugs is probs the most important label atm, where they go next with their sounds, everyone will follow...their club constructions series has been pretty stellar so far

Gang fatale and brehs like neana are the future

Last edited:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to break the OFT immersion with some songs i've been doing cardio too lately, sorry lads, no obscure shyt from the 70/80's here:whoa:

[...]

I listen to the radio, and what :smugdraper:
I jog to progressive house myself. A few songs I like to jog to :

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem is England has no other marketable player so United and England are forced to keep him in the squad, no matter how shyt he is and how unbalanced he makes the team. Politics as usual. :beli:
Rooney ain't even really marketable like that. :heh:

the basis of zionism is not religious, it's a reaction to persecution and a realization that nobody will protect a people except themselves. people leave their ethnic homelands usually because of duress, not because they cant wait to go struggle for land in a dusty and dirty far-off place. the shame of the guys in the video you posted will be on them forever, they know nothing of their own people's history. but this trait is not exclusive to israel

just the topic of israel itself has always been divisive amongst jews, for that matter

i was trolling you before about not getting p*ssy et al. if you're serious about this, all the best. i am a friend to muslims. i already mentioned i was taken in by some when i was down and out and we remain close today. in addition to that, my job requires me to be the first and sometimes sole connection that many arab and african muslims have to the US, and that's one reason i love my work. plus my breh @SCORCH is an akhi and he already knows what it is

i only ask that you judge people on individual merits and not on preconceptions and fabrications. these are dangerous, habib

For you is your faith, and for me, my faith.

Live and let live, brehs.
Don't turn the oft into Higher Learning :damn:

Watched Office Space last night :banderas:may well be the cac film with the GOAT soundtrack

:lawd:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
in the spirit of muslim-jew alliance @penfield let's not battle, just bless with me what you got.

most of the 60s-70s music i know comes from the vein of frank zappa, branches out into folk music, and and dovetails at rockabilly revival and punk, specifically the jamaican roots

not even the best version but it's the clearest online:

frank is one of those dudes you gotta be an oddball and/or musician to really appreciate but :manny:

this is not obscure but it's the best song the clash made. you can hear the rockabilly influence polished by london recording engineers

and speaking of london