Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Henry out here styling on em.

Oba Martins looking like he might actually be born in 1984.

Yedlin looking like a future Man City player

Michael Bradley is shyt on wheels.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
cubo finna
cubo-v-rapids-5.gif
on these bayerns

concise

Veteran
Daps
:heh: That's why I never watch much of the all-star game. It's all bragging points.
This is my first MLS match for some time but it is sorta disheartening to hear all the sports business talk that the commentators focus on. It's all about marketing, contracts, money, survival, grey fukking spreadsheets and brand awareness. Like they were just asked what the best moment of the first half of the MLS season was, and it all pretty much revolved around what good business decisions MLS as an organization were enacting. "TV contract is looking good guys" :camby:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
You said it Ale <3333

@penfield a big part of the league's success is getting people on the bandwagon, and there are a bunch of people like you watching, first match for some time. so what's it matter to you that what the 'best moment' is, while they show highlights?

Well it's pretty telling to me when the question, "what's the best moment of the MLS season so far?" is posed and none of the answers even touch on anything that's happened on the field. You're telling me MLS is so bereft of talking points that fans have to get their rocks off to enhanced exposure? :heh:

An interesting talking point or something extraordinary happening would've gone a lot further than talks of CBA's and designated players and television contracts, which just makes my brain go on screensaver mode.