Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
cd9cbd451dce3d6976e0cb10e5fd9ae51c7d3c55cd7773ae21f00dc76cdf5003_large

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He played as the lone striker a few games this season during the CL and regular season and he was proper shyt all times. :stopitslime:

Did he even play for Uruguay this past World Cup? I musta missed him. :mjpls:
in the CL Ibra was the top scorer in the round stages right and got injured right before the Chelsea draw or during the first game right?Cavani only played one or 2 games as a #9(he also scored againsty Chelsea in a previous CL too) so you gonna call Cavani a fraud just because the rest of his team (Midfield/defense) let a VERY LIMITED Chelsea score like 2/3 goals and lose a 2 goal advantage? that's all Cavanis Fault right? yes he might have missed a good chance but that happens a few times in every soccer game played, his other body of work throughout the years doesn't matter just because of that?..it seems you have the same disease other ppl have in this thread and are always caught up in the moment ass nikkas(great players are human and have bad games, I know its hard for some of you to understand that but maybe one day you will)

for Uruguay he was great, his partnership with Suarez is incredible but we didn't really get to see it since Suarez was half fit and Cavani was also forced to play as a #10 and when he played as a #9 he got NO SERVICE from Forlan/rest of team and hes the type of player who needs service in order to be effective in front of goal(just like falca,lewandowski, etc).. hes effective inside the penalty box and will score out of nowhere there but outside of it he will track back and defend but he isn't the type to create a goal out of nowhere like suarez,messi,cr7,robben etc by dribbling by a few players and scoring those type of goals..if you CANT/WONT understand that and understand that there is DIFFERENT kind of offensive players and functions while on offense then I cant have a legit convo with you about this

what are your expectations of him? what kind of output you expect out of him? hes a 25+ goals a season striker and top 5-10 striker in the world imo...I don't see where he fits at Man U but at Arsenal with my nikka Ozil feeding him throughball for him to run to he would score a lot of goals and would fit there perfectly, same as Chelsea if Diego Costa hadn't been bought and he will do great at LFC too , Man U I don't see where he fits unless they play 2 upfront and move gooney back to CM but that means Mata is off the starting Line Up

Last edited:

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
He's a fraud, don't want him, don't need him. Especially at the price that he's "worth" these days.
Hardly a fraud.

I've watched Napoli loads, especially during the Holy Trinity era - probably only missed a handful of matches - and he's a striker you go for when he's available to sign, period.

Can't picture him in a united kit, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I missed my Al Jazeera :whoo: Incredible network.

Apparently they already rejected it? This buy would seal this as the most successful summer in a decade tbh.

What Bury said. They rejected the payment structure not the monetary amount, clubs still talking. I hope Arsenal seals this deal. This makes more sense than Khedira imo.

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Isco (on loan) a big enough name, @Hollister?
he would be a superb signing and its gonna be interesting to see if Sturridge isn't a fraud, I like him but hes not as great as goalscorer without Suarez who fed him many times and opened up SO MUCH SPACE for him..if he can score 20 goals ill be really happy, hes not gonna be anywhere as near as "good" as this past year I assure you of that, I think LFC needs another proper CM, a new LB and maybe a back up goalie, I would love Isco I hope he comes, he can play in the left or in the hole for us

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also m8s can you help this old lad out and tell me how is it that you tag other posters in a post? thanks it will be greatly appreciated(no daps tho:jawalrus:)

concise

Veteran
Daps
also m8s can you help this old lad out and tell me how is it that you tag other posters in a post? thanks it will be greatly appreciated(no daps tho:jawalrus:)

:dwillhuh:,

all you gotta do is put the "@" symbol in front of their name, just putting it in to the text box and some letters usually shows the drop down menu with names in it.