Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
deleted my twitter entirely :ahh:

lets be honest, a bit of football news and reactions are meaningless

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:dead: Everyone get a piece? Even his wages or just transfer fee?
He actually made more wages wise than he would have without them, but basically, they owned him. And when I mean "they", I mean yes, plural. There were several firms who owned various percentages of Falcao. His teams (Porto and Atletico) were actually minority owners :heh: When Porto wanted to bring him in, they called in a firm to back the deal and said firm (headed by C.Ron's agent) owned 55%-60% of him. And then when they wanted to move him to another team to bolster his profile, they pretty much just up and did it. Atletico only had to pay 18mil of his 40mil transfer to them.

He's at Monaco because it seemed the investors finally wanted to cash out and just sent him to the highest bidder. Dude has had zero say in where his career went since 2009. I'm pretty sure he's FINALLY free though, so yeah, the Real move he's always wanted is a possibility.

Pretty sure Hamez is/was owned by the same people.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
He actually made more wages wise than he would have without them, but basically, they owned him. And when I mean "they", I mean yes, plural. There were several firms who owned various percentages of Falcao. His teams (Porto and Atletico) were actually minority owners :heh: When Porto wanted to bring him in, they called in a firm to back the deal and said firm (headed by C.Ron's agent) owned 55%-60% of him. And then when they wanted to move him to another team to bolster his profile, they pretty much just up and did it. Atletico only had to pay 18mil of his 40mil transfer to them.

He's at Monaco because it seemed the investors finally wanted to cash out and just sent him to the highest bidder. Dude has had zero say in where his career went since 2009. I'm pretty sure he's FINALLY free though, so yeah, the Real move he's always wanted is a possibility.

Pretty sure Hamez is/was owned by the same people.

God damn, there is really levels to this shyt. Didn't some league outlaw multiple ownership of players? Believe it was Serie A no?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
God damn, there is really levels to this shyt. Didn't some league outlaw multiple ownership of players? Believe it was Serie A no?
EPL did because of the Tevez debacle.

West Ham had a collective :dwillhuh: moment when they were selling a player for $20mil and getting nothing from it.

And then they had to pay Sheffield $20mil :dead:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Wait, WTF? When they sold him to City right?
Nah, to Man U (who also never fully owned him). He was still owned by MSI. MSI wanted to move Tevez to Utd and basically did the deal with them. West Ham apparently didn't read the fine print and tried to hold up the whole deal unless they were getting a majority of the fee...and ended up settling out of court for 2mil :heh:

Then Sheffield raised a fuss about the legality of the whole third-party thing because they got relegated that year while Tevez (and Mascherano) helped keep West Ham up, and demanded that West Ham pay them 60mil. Ended up settling for 20mil.

Tevez wasn't free of MSI until he signed with City and they triggered a 25mil ownership clause in his contract

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Nah, to Man U (who also never fully owned him). He was still owned by MSI. MSI wanted to move Tevez to Utd and basically did the deal with them. West Ham apparently didn't read the fine print and tried to hold up the whole deal unless they were getting a majority of the fee...and ended up settling out of court for 2mil :heh:

Then Sheffield raised a fuss about the legality of the whole third-party thing because they got relegated that year while Tevez (and Mascherano) helped keep West Ham up, and demanded that West Ham pay them 60mil. Ended up settling for 20mil.

Dog, I thought United only had him on loan and decided not to do his buy-out clause or some shyt. WTF Football is shady af. :heh:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

Tevez wasn't free of MSI until he signed with City and they triggered a 25mil ownership clause in his contract
thats why you cant be mad at neymar and his father for what they did :yeshrug:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Dog, I thought United only had him on loan and decided not to do his buy-out clause or some shyt. WTF Football is shady af. :heh:
Yeah, the FA just said fukk this and threw the whole situation in the bushes. Look at how much EPL teams pay for players whereas La Liga sides sign better players for less money. Especially when it comes to South American players. Basically any one of any note is third party owned. Barca got investigated for the Neymar deal because they paid 40mil to a company Neymar's fam owned and never reported it. Not to mention Neymar was owned by Ronaldo's management company. Who knows how much Barca actually paid for him...and probably are STILL paying him. I highly doubt Neymar isn't the most expensive player ever.

I think every team but Real and Barca backed out of the deal for a reason.

Roman thought he knew about questionable money and shady deals until he got hit with that South American soccer racket and had to pump his brakes