Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Shame about Shaw being denied the chance to play for his boyhood club, I'm sure Chelsea would have made his dream come true for a sensible fee.

How can you justify paying 35m and 150k p/w for an 18 year old LB?
Nearly 70m on an 18 year old LB and a 25 year old midfielder who doesn't have a single international cap.:dahell:
This doesnt happen often, but i find myself in agreement. Not sure about the wages but that fee is insane for Luke fukking Shaw.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Not far off tbf. :yeshrug:If you're paying 35.7m for a player he's not going to be earning peanuts. 152K p/w sounds about right.
both those numbers are exaggerated and you know it

and i dont want to hear a chelsea fan crying about fee prices

without that mafia kingpin of yours you man would still be scraping for the coca cola cup every season :ufdup:

Shaw is ours and that is what your really mad about :sas1:

LVG Era :blessed:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
both those numbers are exaggerated and you know it

and i dont want to hear a chelsea fan crying about fee prices

without that mafia kingpin of yours you man would still be scraping for the coca cola cup every season :ufdup:

Shaw is ours and that is what your really mad about :sas1:

LVG Era :blessed:

So you think investing about 75m (transfer fee + salary) in a LB over 5 years is cool? :dwillhuh:

You're paying him like 180k p/w (adding win/appearance bonus etc) at 18, how much is he gonna be on at 22? 25?! 1m p/w? AND YOU'RE HAPPY WITH THIS?! :damn:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
wait

Luke Shaw is being paid 160K a week?:dead:

United are fukking stupid.

Be the greatest football club on earth and still get raped brehs

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
so this breh Liam Ridgewell signed with Portland but it got lost in the World Cup shuffle

went straight from PL to MLS and just 29... interesting move. will be seeing more of these moves

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wait

Luke Shaw is being paid 160K a week?:dead:

United are fukking stupid.

Be the greatest football club on earth and still get raped brehs
Don't forget this is the same club that paid Bebe's agent €3.5m for getting the deal done.

All together, and this is a conservative estimate, they're looking at around 80m for an 18 year old LB:heh:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Don't forget this is the same club that paid Bebe's agent €3.5m for getting the deal done.

All together, and this is a conservative estimate, they're looking at around 80m for an 18 year old LB:heh:

You sure its not £120m? Actually closer to £200m if you factor in contract renewal for a decade long service tbh.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You sure its not £120m? Actually closer to £200m if you factor in contract renewal for a decade long service tbh.
I get it's not your money but this doesn't disgust you? Not even a little bit?

You sold Ronaldo for 80m and now you're spending that on Luke Shaw.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I get it's not your money but this doesn't disgust you? Not even a little bit?

You sold Ronaldo for 80m and now you're spending that on Luke Shaw.

If you saw my post on the previous page, you would see I'm absolutely disgusted by it. We're being robbed blind by all selling clubs but its due to our desperation and where we allowed our season to end up last year. So we will suffer for our terrible decision and have to overpay. Its where we find ourselves so we have to hope Shaw works out like Ferdinand and hope its the case where we overpay for good players rather than get Fellaini'd again. :yeshrug: