Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Both their football and their country. They are the new dominant economic power, why not football?

Well you figure that out breh, the football in china is not popping off anytime soon

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
I clearly meant popping off in comparison to MLS.

They already have louder/more passionate crowds :yeshrug:

In comparison to MLS they are at the same level football wise, it's just that the US is a more attractive place to live, don't have to learn chinese etc. so why would anyone choose the chinese leage over MLS breh :yeshrug:

Oh yeah, the money of course

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's impressive to me is that a league like china could get a player of Drogbas calibre. MLS could never do that.

MLS has salary caps, No team can pay $300k plus a week for one persons salary such as Drogbas, hence its more attractive to go to a retirement league that will pay.. Drogba and Anelka are getting paid more than the made in the EPL its a no brainerk its not about the lack of prestige in the MLS...:win:

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Beckham was well in to his 30's and well over the hill when he went to the MLS.

Drogba is at the tail end of his prime.

Drogba is 34 breh. Beckham was 32 when he joined la galaxy.. Just stop it :snoop:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
In comparison to MLS they are at the same level football wise, it's just that the US is a more attractive place to live, don't have to learn chinese etc. so why would anyone choose the chinese leage over MLS breh :yeshrug:

Oh yeah, the money of course

Believe it or not, the whole world does not look at your country as the giant shiny penis of hope you all seem to think it is.

What connection does Drogba have to the US? :childplease:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
true, players become over the hill when the haters say they are

just like henry last season :obama:

Henry is half the player without pace, he didn't have any left when he went to NY.

The fact he actually scores a lot is a damning indictment on the MLS.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

What's confusing you?

Drogba was on the same level he's always been at for Chelsea(i.e. average most of the time, but amazing in the big moments)

Beckham produced a great season in his last year at madrid but he was clearly massively on the decline.

Tbh i massively doubt you even watched football then so :yeshrug: