Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
We have been absolute shyte for most of the past 2-3 seasons. The year we won the Champions League we came 6th on 64 points, our lowest points tally in the Roman era. We got more points than that in the year before Roman took over when we finished 4th on 67 points ffs. 2012 was an absolute disaster and a total fluke which made it that much sweeter. :russ:
People were saying "Champions League is officially a joke" :laff: the fukkery Tottenham had to go through also :deadmanny:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
2 years where they were garbage. If he wasnt Spanish nobody would be worrying about damn Mata.

United are some fashion-following focks. Moyes aint Fergie and Mata aint Iniesta :comeon:

I gotta give you props, from the jump you called him a fraud. I remember this when the deal to Arsenal fell through, you were always :ld:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
the 2012 european cup was the ultimate :umad: moment

all the chelsea hatred that had been bubbling since 04 :ahh: our cup runneth over

icing on the cake was brad friedel doing halftime commentary with his fake accent :mjlol: breh had to swallow that shyt on live tv :mjlol:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1386381464511.jpg
:mjpls:
I think Mata's a quality player and I'd hate to see him let tbh.:yeshrug:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mido named as new Zamalek coach
Former Tottenham Hotspur and Egypt striker Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam has taken over as coach of Cairo club Zamalek.

The 30-year-old is the youngest coach in Egyptian football history and replaces Helmi Toulan.

Mido, who began his career with Zamalek, rejected criticism that he is too young to be a coach.

"For those who criticise my appointment because of my age, it is normal in Europe and I am ready for the challenge," he said on Egyptian TV.

"Especially as I was always a leader on the pitch as a player.

"I refused to coach the youth team at Paris Saint-Germain, Egypt's Masry and other offers to take charge of my beloved club."

Zamalek are one of the most successful clubs on the continent having been crowned African champions five times and won the Egyptian league 11 times.
This is going to be good. He was never the same after Shehata took his soul in 06

Despite winning the Egypt Cup last year, they have struggled to match local rivals and seven-time African champions Al Ahly in recent years.

After four matches of the new season Zamalek are fourth in Pool 2 of the Egyptian Premier League, six points leaders Ismaili who have played a game more.

Mido officially retired from football last year after a brief spell with English Championship side Barnsley.

The former Egypt international won the Africa Cup of Nations with the Pharaohs in 2006 despite his touch line row with then coach Hassan Shehata.

At club level he had a total of three spells at Zamalek as well as stints at a long list of clubs including Ajax, Marseille, Roma, Tottenham and West Ham.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

all the chelsea hatred that had been bubbling since 04 :ahh: our cup runneth over

icing on the cake was brad friedel doing halftime commentary with his fake accent :mjlol: breh had to swallow that shyt on live tv :mjlol:

If I could sum it up in one picture
EMBecCE.gif

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Wasn't Gullit celebrating right in front of both Redknapps? :dead:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Chelsea's win bothered me, mostly because Bayern were so much better and deserved it more... but Bayern won it, so now I completely understand the :umad:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Wasn't Gullit celebrating right in front of both Redknapps? :dead:
Redknapp tells how Ruud Gullit, also in the Sky studio, leapt and danced around the studio as if he’d won the thing himself, leaving Harry feeling all the more out of place.

His chip off the old block Jamie then stood up for his old man with a brilliant :usure: zinger directed at Gullit - ‘Ruud, do us a favour, they sacked you, didn’t they? :upsetfavre: , to which Gullit shrugged, ‘Ah, yes, but that was different people :umad:

As can be seen from the picture, Gullit really milked the celebrations, going down to the pitch to join in with the players, most of whom he’d probably never even met!