Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets be real, Suarez, Sturridge, Cout are the nicest front team in the league. If they dont get top 4 it will be down to that bummy midfield.

Still ain't getting top 4, non of them strikers are clinical. Yesterday was just a repeat of last year, create opportunities after opportunities, but they can't finish them.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Ok, brehs... I have some preliminary ratings from this past weekend for the EPL matches..... Here's a link..... http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...u-s-history-for-premier-league-opener/198140/

Top 10 cities for EPL TV ratings

Washington, D.C. (2.2)
Tulsa (1.9) :leon: Dat Oklahoma
Austin (1.8)
Seattle (1.4)
Buffalo (1.4)
Los Angeles (1.2)
Philadelphia (1.0)
Cincinnati (1.0)
Orlando (1.0)
Hartford/New Haven (0.9)

Fans streamed more than four million minutes of Premier League action via NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices and tablets. This is the first time ever that all Premier League games are available at no extra cost (to fans with NBC Sports Network) via live stream.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Not bad for the first weekend.... They surpassed ESPN and Fox for the best EPL season debut ever. Now I know that there's gonna be spin to this so let me dead that now........ This is week one of the EPL..... There will be growth. Secondly, I said in another thread that the EPL would compete with everyone EXCEPT...... the NFL, NCAA, & NBA..... Third, I already know that somebody is gonna compare seasonal events(MLB, NFL & the NBA Playoffs, The Masters, ect) to individual EPL matches...... (In Nas voice) Negro please........ Not bad for Soccer in the US.... We will get a more clear picture in 2-3 months when everyone has played each other at least once.

If I were to make a projection(and a guess), the EPL will at least reach 5.0 average rating per match(Darby matches 10.0+) by the end of the season... That would be a good start for a first season... The hardcore fans will be tuned in regularly and there'll be a decent casual base to build on.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know I said I wouldn't watch French football again this season but watching this PSG game to see how Ibra and Cavani play together. :guilty:

I don't think I've ever seen Pastore have a good game. :scusthov: