Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Breh allow that :whoa: the blog is in English and I only have one post and it's a bs "season preview" I did because I knew if I didn't write anything before the 1st week I wouldn't even do it at all. I've been watching a lot of Tellement Vrai without subtitles and I tried to watch Amelie the GOAT without subtitles and I would understand like 1 out of 15 sentences.
:why:
Breh, you realize that you need to correctly connect the sounds with the words and thus, connecting your hearing with your reading well BEFORE being able to watch stuff without subs ? You're doing it the hard(est) way and the improvement will be too long that way.
My advice should be to do that in 3 steps :
1. Movies / shows in french with english subtitles => so you can familiarize with sounds and words but still understand them in english in your mind
2. Movies / shows in french with french subtitles => so you can and be able to start to understand and think in french
3. Movies / shows in french without subtitles => when you're fully able to think in french.

IMO, you should at least be at step 2 because you're able to decipher some spoken sentences but you need to "print" some more vocabulary in your mind man.
Myself, with english I'm at step 2.5 : sometimes I can properly understand dialogues but sometimes when it's too fast I have troubles so I keep the subtitles on but I only read them when needed.

I was also thinking about living in France for 8 months, breh the anxiety would kill me. People talking shyt about me and I wouldn't be able to understand them :lupe: my students gunning the fukk out of me and I wouldn't be able to understand :lupe:
Foreigners are always well treated and I think it's the same in every countries. As long as you're friendly and polite, there are no reasons for people to hassle you. But still if you do, you should look for some couch surfing stuff or find foreigner roomates so you all can be lost in translation :lolbron:

Teaching, you may have troubles with mid school students because they are the most troublesome but overall, in language classes, it's not really bad above all if you're the funny type and able to crack jokes. Those teachers never have problems.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Torres winning a pen :youngsabo:

EDIT : Damn, goalie punched him in the process :russ:

EDIT 2 : Pen was too easy :ehh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Super Frank Lampard :flabbynsick::lolbron::heh:

controversial rule change time.... not every foul in the penalty area should lead to a penalty kick