Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
This Tour :heh:

If the sprint stages are this ridiculous, what the hell is going to happen in the climbs?

And they start tomorrow :damn:
The climbs really start next saturday...
Until then, it's really just "climbettes"
:shaq:

The crash yesterday and then the climbs in the middle of todays stage, fukked it up for the sprinters.
I'm good with it : no boring stages with mass sprints in the end.

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
:whew: This may turn out to be the GOAT tour lads, I cannot remember so much excitement after 2 days of racing

This Tour :heh:

If the sprint stages are this ridiculous, what the hell is going to happen in the climbs?

And they start tomorrow :damn:

My student been putting me on cycling, I'm pretty much a casual fan but he's been telling me about the new school, Contador, Niboli, Cavendish, Uran Uran, Froome etc. But when i see the stage 1 results it strikes me odd that there arent any big names up top. Whats the deal? And what's happened so far thats brought excitment?

I know Alpe d'Huez gonna be a big stage cuz those climbs are :whew: worthy

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
My student been putting me on cycling, I'm pretty much a casual fan but he's been telling me about the new school, Contador, Niboli, Cavendish, Uran Uran, Froome etc. But when i see the stage 1 results it strikes me odd that there arent any big names up top. Whats the deal? And what's happened so far thats brought excitment?

Because to win one of the 3 big Tours, you basically have to be the best climber : it's in the mountains (and time trials also but there aren't many) that definite gaps are made between riders.

On flat stages, everybody finishes in the same time or are very close (time-wise). Sprinters, considering their muscle mass are powerful but not light, therefore, they aren't good climbers. They may win the most stages (flat ones) in a tour but will be hella far from the best climbers in mountain stages. That's why the first few stages don't mean anything for the final ranking.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Stage 1 :whew: Where to start. There was a Team Coach stuck under the finish banner and with 10-15km left they said the finish was moved forward 3km because of the coach. Then they managed to get the coach out of the way and then told the teams with 5-6km left, (revised finish it was 2km left) that the finish was put back to the original one, then there was crash at the front of the race where alll the sprinters were and it took every Big name sprinter out. I think thats everything.

The Big Names/Favourites, they dont come into it until week 2. They jsut let the other 190 riders get giddy by giving them all a chance to wear yellow before they hit the Mountains

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

As Liu pointed out, all the big names are climbers as that's what it takes to win the tours. They don't have the sprinting ability to win flat stages. It's in the crazy climbs where you'll see Nibbles, Roid Boy, White Africa, and J-Rod start to get jiggy. Just today Froome broke from the main group for a second and set the entire peleton into panic mode. Berto's team was on some :merchant: jumped to the front of the pack and tried to run him down.

There's going to be a lot of that in the mountains.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I think if I was a player I wouldn't sing the anthem. One, it's notoriously hard and I simply don't have the vocal range.

2, US anthem is pretty lame. C'mon, let's be honest. It's fukking terrible. :scusthov:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Hollister,

If you're just midly interested in the Tour, just focus on the following stages which will provide the best entertainement for the Yellow jersey :

Stage 8, July 6th : first mountain stage, and first climb finish

a24d1.jpg

Stage 9, July 7th : the big Pyrénées stage

7586e.jpg

Stage 11, July 10th : first time-trial, the big names have to show up for them not to be too far from the first places before the Alpes stages

c4627.jpg

Stage 15, July 14th : the tour's longest stage + Mont Ventoux at the end + French national day = fukkery overload, best believe it.

70442.jpg

Stage 17, July 17th : Second time-trial, big names also have to show up here because it's just before the best Alpes stage, if some are too far from the podium/1st place because of their performance in this time-trial, they'll have to attack the day after and they will be vulnerable.

7377e.jpg

Stage 18, July 18th: the legendary Alpe d'Huez climb is climbed twice !

f2c83.jpg

Stage 19 : July 19th : the longest and hardest Alpes stage with two HC climbs. If gaps aren't definite, this is the only hope for some to win the Tour.

64921.jpg

Stage 20 : July 20th : the last mountain stage, can provide the last "fights" before the final stage

73e43.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
if I want to hear a fakkit with a fukking accent, I want to hear some fakkit who actually speaks English as his first language with a stupid accent

Univision :blessed: (where ironically the lead commentator speaks better english than the fools on espn)

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I think if I was a player I wouldn't sing the anthem. One, it's notoriously hard and I simply don't have the vocal range.

2, US anthem is pretty lame. C'mon, let's be honest. It's fukking terrible. :scusthov:

:ld:

Not really, breh.

Easily the gulliest of the Anglophone anthems. The fact that we remixed an already established and popular track recorded by our then rivals on some mixtape rapper shyt makes it even better.

If GB used Rule Brittania I'd give them the nod, but "God Save the Queen" is extra soft.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
By agree, if you mean you take our #1 sport way more seriously then we take your #1 then oui.

when has that been part of the discussion? :russ:

mattafack nix that question. dont care for this back and forth entwining.

american "soccer" league is of a higher quality than "gridiron" in europe/asia/latin america/africa

i'm sure there's a good reason for it and my statement carries no disrespect, unless you've got some sort of inferiority complex, which is rather futile in this respect because it's an american game and comparatively unpopular everywhere else

conversation is
vince-carter-says-its-over-o.gif

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

Not really, breh.

Easily the gulliest of the Anglophone anthems. The fact that we remixed an already established and popular track recorded by our then rivals on some mixtape rapper shyt makes it even better.

If GB used Rule Brittania I'd give them the nod, but "God Save the Queen" is extra soft.

the zeal of the naturalized :smugfavre:

our anthem is jacked from an old english sailor drinking song at it's heart, isnt it?

that's kinda gully :ehh:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

Not really, breh.

quality discourse :leon:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins

It sounds terrible when everybody try to singing it in sync. So many different way can sing it. No one tone. I blame R&B singers.

I wish our anthem end with an interjection like the Italians :wow: GOAT anthem, imo.