Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:to: Jalabert . But its no surprise tbh, I know hes been suspected in the past, just didnt want him to get caught :upsetfavre:

The more remarkable thing is tryin to find a Clean Cyclist from that 98 Tour :ld: :duck:
Honestly I never liked him.
I was always more a Virenque supporter because he was an actual climber unlike Jalabert who made solo raids just to get the red dot jersey...
I didn't watch the earlier tours so I didn't know him as a sprinter, but it was obvious he was on it (everybody was).

95% of the cyclists doped at that time but there were clean ones even if they were a tiny minority. Bassons was one the Mohicans : even his team-mates who doped at the time publicly cleared him from using.
But the doping mob got him at the end :sadcam:
But in 2001 it got worse. I remember racing at Four Days of Dunkerque; several guys tried to ride me into the ditch, including my old teammates. It got dangerous, and I realized that it wasn’t worth continuing.
http://bicycling.com/blogs/thisjustin/2012/10/15/bassons-people-now-see-i-wasn%E2%80%99t-lying/2/

:wow:

But Jalabert is still a great commentator for French TV. Good analysis, great insight, talks only to say interesting things... I like to hear his commenting.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Honestly I never liked him.
I was always more a Virenque supporter because he was an actual climber unlike Jalabert who made solo raids just to get the red dot jersey...
I didn't watch the earlier tours so I didn't know him as a sprinter, but it was obvious he was on it (everybody was).

So I guess you dont rate Tommy Voeckler then :skip: . Virenque was :noah: But he took alot of shyt all because of 98 and sayin he was innocent. My 1st tour was 91.

95% of the cyclists doped at that time but there were clean ones even if they were a tiny minority. Bassons was one the Mohicans : even his team-mates who doped at the time publicly cleared him from using.
But the doping mob got him at the end :sadcam:

Christophe Bassons Interview: 'People Now See I Wasn

:wow:

:damn: Not a surprise, Armstrong killed quite a few careers too.

But Jalabert is still a great commentator for French TV. Good analysis, great insight, talks only to say interesting things... I like to hear his commenting.

Guess he'll be off the Tour coverage this year with this coming out.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
So I guess you dont rate Tommy Voeckler then :skip: . Virenque was :noah: But he took alot of shyt all because of 98 and sayin he was innocent. My 1st tour was 91.
Well Voeckler is a good climber honestly, he's not one of the best but he has a great fighting spirit so he can hold his own and finish slightly behind the best ones. Even if I prefer Rolland (who is a true climber... and a cheater ?), I kinda like Voeckler too.
About Virenque, it's known that his IQ is low, if you could hear him talk... it's Ribéry's levels :hyena:
I think I really coped with the tour with the Ulrich win in '97, that's why I been a fan of him since then (I knew he doped but didn't care) and hated Armstrong with a passion :noah:

Guess he'll be off the Tour coverage this year with this coming out.
Seems plausible, will be a shame because he's a real pro at this but then again, he was always hard on cheaters on TV while it's obvious he was on EPO back then. He always seemed really hypocritical on that issue to me :mjpls:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Well Voeckler is a good climber honestly, he's not one of the best but he has a great fighting spirit so he can hold his own and finish slightly behind the best ones. Even if I prefer Rolland (who is a true climber... and a cheater ?), I kinda like Voeckler too.

I fukks with Voeckler he always comes to attack. I dont even know how he manages to get in so many breakaways without him :dead: Every Mountain stage breakaway, its seems hes always in that group. But the French need a genuine GC contender. I know its been said that the doping fukkery since Hinault last won it for you lot has played its part in no French winner since then.

About Virenque, it's known that his IQ is low, if you could hear him talk... it's Ribéry's levels :hyena:
I think I really coped with the tour with the Ulrich win in '97, that's why I been a fan of him since then (I knew he doped but didn't care) and hated Armstrong with a passion :noah:

I was a fan of Ulrich also.

Seems plausible, will be a shame because he's a real pro at this but then again, he was always hard on cheaters on TV while it's obvious he was on EPO back then. He always seemed really hypocritical on that issue to me :mjpls:

We got Chris Boardman on the M-I-C. The Man who started the Cycling winning off :blessed: :win:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
OFT, @penfield I need some advice on fashion brehs.

Getting slightly tired of J Crew, Polo, and AE, any other spots have simple, great fitting work shirts (nothing too dressy).

Also need another tee site. Been rocking the American Apparel jawns but want to try something new.

Last edited by a moderator:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
At least we getting Van Ginkel:snoop:

You never know, he might want something but Sevilla and his management group who own part of his right may have other ideas.

The no contact part has me skeptical. How are Arsenal is preferred spot if he hasn't had any contact with them.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:
We had a draw with France
:blessed:

This team is the truth. Cant imagine any other USA U-20 squad even ever standing a chance with the frenchies.

Now it comes down to how bad Spain will beat France and how bad USA can beat Ghana.

Im hopeful, but in reality, Spain is playing for nothing so we are fukked
:to:

2007 squad was pretty good. They should have made the semis. They smashed Poland, beat Brazil and Uruguay.

I thought we had something we those dudes, but only Bradley and Jozy became regulars with the senior national team.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
:ohhh:
We had a draw with France
:blessed:

This team is the truth. Cant imagine any other USA U-20 squad even ever standing a chance with the frenchies.

Now it comes down to how bad Spain will beat France and how bad USA can beat Ghana.

Im hopeful, but in reality, Spain is playing for nothing so we are fukked
:to:

The top 4 3rd place teams advance to the round of 16 (It's 24 teams in the tournament, not 32) so if they beat Ghana they should be through to the next round regardless of what happens in the Spain-France match.

Also, this came through today.

[ame="http://twitter.com/BarcaTheOffside/status/349301657953255424"]http://twitter.com/BarcaTheOffside/status/349301657953255424[/ame]

:heh:

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
OFT, @penfield I need some advice on fashion brehs.

Getting slightly tired of J Crew, Polo, and AE, any other spots have simple, great fitting work shirts (nothing too dressy).

Also need another tee site. Been rocking the American Apparel jawns but want to try something new.

Express? :manny:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Yeah @Montez Express has some good work shirts that are pretty reasonable. They got that slim fit that everyone likes nowadays too so your shirts don't billow out when you tuck them in.

Oddly enough though the best shirt I've bought in the past few months for business attire is from Uniqlo. Really good prices but some people are apprehensive because they're part of that whole "fast fashion" like H&M, Zara etc. and think the quality is suspect. But I couldn't really tell you, shirt is a shirt to me and Uniqlo does the basics alright in my eyes.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah @Montez Express has some good work shirts that are pretty reasonable. They got that slim fit that everyone likes nowadays too so your shirts don't billow out when you tuck them in.

Oddly enough though the best shirt I've bought in the past few months for business attire is from Uniqlo. Really good prices but some people are apprehensive because they're part of that whole "fast fashion" like H&M, Zara etc. and think the quality is suspect. But I couldn't really tell you, shirt is a shirt to me and Uniqlo does the basics alright in my eyes.
I think imma hit Express this weekend.

My only thing is im tall and long and they dont make gear for me.

I tried to buy a sweater there a few years ago. Wasnt a good look. :wow: