Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
City remind me of Jose's Chelsea.

Big, strong and athletic with just the right amount of flair and creativity.

This game is pretty much Chelsea vs Arsenal in those days. We're just too lightweight to compete.

Citeh play better football than those Jose Chelsea teams did, but those teams were :lawd: on the counter.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Disagree that they play better football. Like that Chelsea team City only play well in spurts.

:aicmon:

Last season they played some great football. This season not so much only in spurts. I dont remember Chelsea hammering Spurs or United away from home under Jose like Citeh did last season.

Outside of Robben & Eidur who had the real flair the rest of Jose team was a bunch of very good workers.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:aicmon:

Last season they played some great football. This season not so much only in spurts. I dont remember Chelsea hammering Spurs or United away from home under Jose like Citeh did last season.

Outside of Robben & Eidur who had the real flair the rest of Jose team was a bunch of very good workers.

Hammered Liverpool (equivalent to Spurs at the time in that they were top 4) at Anfield and had good away games against Utd and a much stronger Arsenal.

You making it sound like Chelsea were just efficient which isn't the case, they played some very good stuff at times. That first 30 minutes against Barca in the 4-2 game was the best football I have seen Chelsea ever play. City not as good a team imho just similar stylistically.