Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: was that posted here or in Left Field? I remember getting a Drive inspired mix here that was just :ohlawd::ohlawd:

Nah that was in Left Field probably...or Alt Music on sohh?

When Drive first dropped in theaters though we posted a few youtube links of music in the OFT on sohh but no actual mix but maybe someone did?

Edit:

Nah the breh Brehmington Steele posted it in Left Field, I just found it :myman:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
D sfked areond and spn when doves cry by princre

I was like whoooo
DJ was like miy nikkaaaaaa

My being six four my flattop and penhant for being rather well dressed whilst clad in briht ass colors has made me rather recognizable. Bouncers like whaddup, barenders like hey boo, random dancealongs like aw shyt this guy is back

and im awlaus back doe brehs

always
:lawd:

That Drive soundtrack is incredible. Too bad the movie is overrated. Take away the soundtrack throughout the movie and the cinematography, your left with a very basic movie with basic storyline. In fact, I enjoyed Faster with The Rock more. Probably my least favorite Refn film.

But I do give them credit for not following the recent Hollywood trend with making the remakes, reboost and sequels. Hopefully this film will wow me.

you're lucky you're wearing the right colors in your avi :leostare:

its bout to be negs on deeeeeecckkkkkkkkkkkkkk :blessed:

this is the official Drive/Galatasaray thread and has been since sohh if i recall. frush didn't appreciate the movie as much as the rest of us if i recall but dissent is patriotic and it's in his general nature so we allow it.

you tho. i'm not sure i can protect you :ld: :ufdup:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Well, tbf you're comparing an arthouse action cum neo-noir flick to, from what I can tell, a stock Hollywood action film.

The beauty in Drive is its simplicity and there is also nuance to a lot of the acting performances.

I haven't seen any other Refn film besides Bronson which I thought was pretty boring. To me it was Hardy fighting with random montages to the Glass Candy song sprinkled in.
Refn did the Pusher trilogy which I encourage you to watch.
Dark atmosphere, good acting and great tension throughout the 3 movies : it's about Denmark's underworld and each movie follows one person who tries to survive through his hustle. Watch it in order because the flicks are connected and some characters appears all movies. The second flick is the best one to me because the music fitted perfectly the ambience.

Beware though, there is a "bollywood" version of the first Pusher which is litterally a copy/paste (scene for scene) with some mystic hindu bullshyt at the end that you shouldn't watch because it's too garbage (acting, music, everything).
I unfortunately watched that one before watching the real Pusher 1, and my Pusher experience was kinda ruined :sadcam:
I mean all the way, I was like "why the hell is that happening in London ? And why are they talking about the cricket WC ? Isn't it supposed to describe Copenhagen ?!", then at the credits there was no Refn and I ended up like "fookin Pakis !" ( no hate though).

He aslo did Valhalla Rising but this movie was too weird to me, so no advice on this one :hyena:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
valhalla rising :bryan: wot a flick

shyt is a bad acid trip that you're glad you went through but you didn't enjoy
@Liu Kang you got a lank to that Pusher trilogy with english subtitles? i've heard great things

scandinavian crime fiction is a great subgenre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
*looking for some links*

I didn't watch that many scandinavian movies but I like the few I watched :
- the OG Millenium trilogy (with the swedish actors) was great and I really liked it. The depiction of the life in Sweden was really good.
- "Oslo, 31 August" which is a great movie too : if you liked Drive's atmosphere, you will also like that one even though it's not about the music and story is really sad :(
- "Sleepwalker", something I watched one evening on some channel, that was weird but good nonetheless

EDIT : Beware, there is a 2012 UK remake of the first Pusher too !

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@horse. kills
Some Pusher links in my pro. Click on the blue info circle first otherwise it launches the movie in your browser :scusthov:.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
@horse. kills
Some Pusher links in my pro. Click on the blue info circle first otherwise it launches the movie in your browser :scusthov:.

tumblr_m11shhn5xi1qg58qgo1_500.gif

concise

Veteran
Daps
I just discarded 3 posts just now right before hitting submit :heh:

one was a thread about to be made in jbo about ghetto gaggers being white supremacist propaganda :heh:
other was a post for the "horror, horror" folks in that tlr thread featuring 2 preschoolers kissing and being hugged up in the bathroom :shaq2:
I didn't feel like debating tonight or the next few nights :shaq2:

3rd discarded post was that I was about to post this in the tlr random thoughts thread, but I said to myself, "Why bother?" :heh: and "Those ain't really my people" :wtb:

I may still make that thread later this week, tho :heh:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Brehs forget this season...im already thinking bout how next season Fulham will be looking :noah: when they Add Thudd. Just imagine

Diarra/Baird---- Sidwell/Frimpong
Thudd
Kackakclkalaincic/Ruiz-----Berbs-----Petric/Duff

Im listening to Aretha Franklin "Daydreaming" as i type this :noah:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Frush you ever considered going to Yard and taking in the culture first hand?

:

Yep, wanna of my goals.

On a random, a Shrimp Quesadillas after a hard days work, from some random Latino joint in Wheaton, is hitting the spot right now.:blessed:

Finally hooked up the DVD to the TV, bout to spark one, drink a glass, and pop in this joint

Argentina and Chile are bringing the goods in the film world.