Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
what an insane last few minutes my goodness

counterattacks everywhere

oles at 2-2 in the 93rd minute :laff:

people falling everywhere

marauding 60 yard runs :bow:

One last attack on goal with numbers and man decides to have one from 30 yards out :comeon:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Rangers have suspended striker Fran Sandaza after comments he made in a hoax telephone call.

Francisco Sandaza: Has yet to hit his stride at Rangers
GettyImagesFrancisco Sandaza has been suspended by Rangers

• Blog: The Toe Poke on Sandaza

The Spaniard was tricked by a hoaxer known as 'Tommy in Glasgow' who, posing as a Los Angeles agent offering him the chance of an MLS contract, got him to reveal his salary and whether he was interested in a move.

The Spaniard was recorded and the conversation posted online. He said he had joined Rangers "for the money and because they are a good club" and would leave if the right offer came along.

He said he earned £4,500-a-week plus bonuses but expected that to rise to £10,000 when Rangers, currently in Scottish Division Three, returned to the Scottish Premier League.

He said: "The money is good. The club is amazing - it is a very, very big club - and the supporters are amazing.

"Obviously if I get a better league and more money I would go. I have been playing all my life to get a good contract for me and my family, so that is why I signed here. I wanted a contract that solved my life.

"I didn't sign for the level [of football at which Rangers are currently playing]. I signed for the money and because they are a good club."

He told the hoaxer, who used the alias Jack McGonagall, that he was wary because "some people can call me and record it then put it in the papers".

In a statement on their official website, Rangers said: "Francisco Sandaza has been suspended by the club pending an investigation into comments made by the player in a recorded telephone conversation.

"The club, Francisco and his agent have had discussions and manager Ally McCoist also spoke with the player, who did not take part in today's training session. Francisco will not return to the club while the investigation is under way.

"Rangers regard this is an extremely serious issue but there will be no further comment until the inquiry, which could take a week, has been completed."

Rangers suspend Sandaza after hoax phone call - ESPN FC

this hoaxing business has got to stop :troll:...could cost a good man his job

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
i kindly rebuke your highly faulty historical methodology, kind breh

Just trying to be a boring objective c*nt, I'm a Beatles stan and I can get ignorant, just trying to see it from that boy band point of view

If they were all brooders like Morrison would people think differently. Here's an opinion, the Doors were not that good :ld:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Still shaking my head over those last few minutes, and that was an important WCQ ffs

Tempted by an offer from LA, yeah if you want a massive paycut pal, go right ahead. That's almost DP money where I come from :sadbron:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Just trying to be a boring objective c*nt, I'm a Beatles stan and I can get ignorant, just trying to see it from that boy band point of view

If they were all brooders like Morrison would people think differently. Here's an opinion, the Doors were not that good :ld:

agreed, not as good as advertised. still a quality band tbf :ehh:

here's another, The Who were a collection of excellent musicians who made mostly bland music :ld:

as for the hoax call, who the fukk do rangers think they are suspending someone for speaking honestly in what he thought was a private call? i'd say that about any club, but them??

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Also, from those quotes there's literally nothing wrong with anything he said, would go for practically every job in the world, other than the ethical footballer.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
the equivalent of your boss finding your resume in the printer tray
They don't like it up 'em. But really it's far different considering he has a contract, presumably an agent, and there's an established transfer system. Could make this call to 99.9% of players. If Rangers don't like it they've got two choices: smash up a town center or get skagged off their t*ts.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
They don't like it up 'em. But really it's far different considering he has a contract, presumably an agent, and there's an established transfer system. Could make this call to 99.9% of players. If Rangers don't like it they've got two choices: smash up a town center or get skagged off their t*ts.

the bnp woulda taken care of these unruly foreigners :mjpls:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
UKIP will be pouring over that dago stain's passport if he ever gets to the SPL.