Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Sneijder is so :flabbynsick: I dont know why these dutch fans dont want to admit it
Yeah, he hasn't looked good at all after Euro 2012. Dutch were looking shaky until they subbed him for van der Vaart.

Suspended from the NT till the World Cup starts along with Niang (banned till the end of the year), for goin to a nightclub 48 hours before a u21 game. As for his career hes rotin in Kazan
What about Nasri and Ben Arfa? They haven't been called up to the French team since Euro 2012.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah, he hasn't looked good at all after Euro 2012. Dutch were looking shaky until they subbed him for van der Vaart.

What about Nasri and Ben Arfa? They haven't been called up to the French team since Euro 2012.

Nasri got a 3 game ban for swearin at Journos back in Euro 2012, then Deschamps hasnt used him since hes been available (I dont think) I cannot see him being picked under Deschamps in the near future unless they have a terrible injury crisis to their other creative players. Also his form doesnt deserved for him to be picked for the NT.

Bennie Arthur is injured, might be done for the season. (Hes basically been out for since Oct, maybe early Nov, he might of played 2 games since then) Also I think he may have beef with Deschamps from the Marseille days when he was coach

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
see this shyt, honduras are not as good as last time around, what a wasted opportunity by the us

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
On a more general note, some of those old songs circa 60s-70s = :wow:

I was listening to The Zombies today, specifically the song "This Will Be Our Year" and I sorta got why people are always like, old music>>>new music

And I sorta agree, I mean like, fukk us right guys? We have Beyonce and Ke$ha and Brokencyde. Imagine growing up with Beatles, Beach Boys, Zombies, and all those other one hit wonders...shyt would've or was crack I'm sure :ohlawd:
you aint lying

theres this compilation called "nuggets" which are ALL songs completely ignored by history from the 60s, unsuccessful bands/songs that flew under the radar, that no one has ever heard of, and the quality present was just :ohlawd:

even the trash back then was brilliant

I'm kind of amused by that since the other day my dad said that 1d were like the beatles. not quite sure harry styles is gonna be remembered for his penmanship. But apparently my aunt had fainting spells or something similar over them beatles, so i can see his point.
a hater with a point, early beatles were just typical pop (yet still brilliant considering its originality) but its the 66-70 stuff that makes them legend status

KOTK

Pro
Daps
People who don't like the second season of the wire :snoop: probably my favourite.
a hater with a point, early beatles were just typical pop (yet still brilliant considering its originality) but its the 66-70 stuff that makes them legend status
He wasn't hating, it was just a funny comparison, completely ignoring quality. Take That would've been a better comparison.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
you can gauge someone's intelligence level by their opinion on season 2 of the wire

and yoyo :wtf: how can something be typical and original simultaneously?

and if its so typical, why is it still so much better than a lot of music?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
you can gauge someone's intelligence level by their opinion on season 2 of the wire

and yoyo :wtf: how can something be typical and original simultaneously?

and if its so typical, why is it still so much better than a lot of music?

i'm looking at it in an objective 2013 sort of way

if you listen to the beatles, mixed in with 60s music in general, with no background, they are just "typical"

but given the insight that the beatles started it all, its brilliant

and im talking about the early pop beatles.

of course late beatles, with other information or not, it will still stand out

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
these last 10 minutes is why concacaf is so great

bullshyt pen, insane heat, insane crowd, down is up, up is down

that last foul the ref didnt call just :laff: considering all the other stuff he called

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
what an insane last few minutes my goodness

counterattacks everywhere

oles at 2-2 in the 93rd minute :laff:

people falling everywhere

marauding 60 yard runs :bow: