Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
:pacspit: @ Daniel Levy asking 70 million pounds(:dead:) for Bale....

Ronaldo is cheaper to get :mjpls:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Sahin shyts on Brendon Rodgers :bryan:
"I did not fail at Liverpool," Sahin told AS. "Brendan Rodgers wanted me to play as a '10'. But I do not play behind the forwards. I spoke with him and asked him why I was playing there. It is not my real position.

"The boss could not answer me... still, I do not regret it. To play in the red jersey and at Anfield is something marvellous. Maybe if I had not gone there I would not have been able to return to Borussia Dortmund. For that, I am happy. But I have left Brendan Rodgers, thank God."

"We speak often on the telephone," he added. "We chat about football and life. The boss feels good. I believe the game against Manchester United is very important for Madrid. Now they are in a perfect position.

"People talk more about [referee] Cuneyt Cakir's decision [to send off Nani] than Madrid's performance, but Madrid played a very good game. They are going very well. It is not easy to beat Barcelona twice. The truth is Madrid are one of the big favourites for the Champions League."

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
That's not really a guilty pleasure tune, am wrong in saying that a lot these Indie type bands/people are very stuck on that early to mid 80's, New Wavish, Blue Eyed Soul sound?

No you're not wrong at all. I think though that the image an artist portrays plays a bigger role in our musical choices than people think.

Regardless of how quality the music is, some people will still discard artists if there's other factors besides the music that turn them off. I feel like this happens in The Booth all the time.

I guess yeah, Haim isn't even that bad. It's just that looking into their background, three middle class jewish sisters who grew up playing in a family band is a bit :usure:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I never realized malaga had all these blast from the past players :leon:

saviola, roque, julio baptista, etc

that same feeling, multiply it by 5 with slightly more obscure players, when you're watching fenerbahce vs besiktas vs galatasaray

i was googling besiktas to see their obscure foreign players and i came across something awesome

Legend of the Black Eagles

There is a legend surrounding the initial naming of the team "The Black Eagles." Beşiktaş, the title holder of the previous two seasons started the 1940–41 season with a young and renewed team. Beşiktaş, which opened up its lead as weeks went by, was the leader in the league. With five weeks remaining to the end, the opponent was Süleymaniye. Beşiktaş had started the game in Şeref Stadium refereed by Semih Turansoy on Sunday January 19, 1941, with the following players: Faruk, Yavuz, İbrahim, Rıfat, Halil, Hüseyin, Şakir, Hakkı, Şükrü, Şeref, Eşref. As in all games of that season, the team played well. Halfway through the second half of the game, Beşiktaş attacked continuously despite being in front. And then, according to legend, a voice was heard from the stands towards which Beşiktaş was attacking. The voice said "Come on Black Eagles. Attack Black Eagles". The Beşiktaş players who had so successfully defeated their opponents that season, being described as "Black Eagles” and the football they played compared to “Attacking like Black Eagles”. According to legend, the owner of the voice from the stands was a fisherman called Mehmet Galin. Beşiktaş closed the game with a 6–0 win with 3 goals volleyed in by Şeref Görkey, who was known as volleyer Şeref and one goal each by Captain Hakkı, Şakir and Şükrü.

:bow: what a story to explain your nickname

a voice so powerful it altered the course of history :merchant:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Parker, we know the pirouettes are your bread and butter but move the damn ball forward.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Y'all seen this shyt?

[ame=http://youtu.be/pScm3SqFfmI?t=36s]AGRESSÃO: Zagueiro Johnny, do Independente de Limeira, se revolta e aplica voadora no árbitro - YouTube[/ame]

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Tottenham just can't be taken seriously without Bale. Adebayor lackluster and wasting all touches, Defoe anonymous. Siggy decent but not a threat at all.