Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Nah, Eduardo's leg break.
that day, the day that changed everything.

that was an all time great Fergie side and we had the chance to go up 8 points on them :wow:

yea but they could really have won the league in 2010-11 and Wenger would have then been able to convince a lot of players to sign new contracts.

those 2 games happened and all hope was lost. United had no business winning the league that season.

@TTT
Arsenal's midfield that season when Cesc was healthy was :whoo:

nah, it was 2008. 2008 was the season, adn Eduardo's leg break changed everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
maybe it was just me, but arsenal brehs in here, did you really think they had a chance to win in 2011? like if they had won, you guys would have been at least slightly surprised, right?

Montez

Superstar
Daps
maybe it was just me, but arsenal brehs in here, did you really think they had a chance to win in 2011? like if they had won, you guys would have been at least slightly surprised, right?

I would've been surprised (Kos and Djouou was our first choice partnership ffs) but up until the Newcastle match we looked the best team in England. After 2008 you lost all hope and don't expect much but the quality in 2011 was there.

Saying all that had we won in 2008 and 2011 the player sales would've still went through imo.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2008 is the last time i thought we had a good team even though the players in 2011 were individually better, mental fragility is always something Wenger should have addressed. The Cesc-Flaimini-Hleb-Rosicky midfield was very fluid and easier on the eye.I think he could have won the title in 2003 and the team collapsed then and that was a team that had stronger characters than the 2008 team with Gallas as captain.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

2008, definitely.

2011, I woulda been surprised but we were as good as anyone.

2008 tho, Arsenal were arguably the best team in Europe until that day.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
2008, definitely.

2011, I woulda been surprised but we were as good as anyone.

2008 tho, Arsenal were arguably the best team in Europe until that day.

so yeah pretty much my feelings :obama:

the cup loss to birmingham seemed to be more conclusive proof than a crack in the facade :manny: but i've never been a fan of arsenal so i thought maybe it was
tumblr_m49celsPkd1qzxl9yo1_500.gif
in my blood instead of reason and logic

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I still credit Arsenal going off the rails that season when (1) Eduardo died and (2) Sagna scored then got hurt at Chelsea and Drogba Drogba'd Arsenal effectively knocking, what was, the remaining wind out of the sails.

That injury to Sagna I think had a bigger impact than some remember. There were a few sniffs after that, that Bolton game coming back from Diaby's red card and winning w/ 10 men but it was all false hope (If that was the same season? I can't be bothered to go back and look. fukk do I look like :stopitslime:)

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Yeah that wasn't a great side.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
I still credit Arsenal going off the rails that season when (1) Eduardo died and (2) Sagna scored then got hurt at Chelsea and Drogba Drogba'd Arsenal effectively knocking, what was, the remaining wind out of the sails.

That injury to Sagna I think had a bigger impact than some remember. There were a few sniffs after that, that Bolton game coming back from Diaby's red card and winning w/ 10 men but it was all false hope (If that was the same season? I can't be bothered to go back and look. fukk do I look like :stopitslime:)
I always think of both injuries and think the gallas/clichy incident was overblown, after that we went one up to both chelsea and utd before OGMittee hit us with the brace.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:heh: @ FSC STILL showing Bayern/Arsenal

just says all you need to know about soccer in this country