Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
im really fukin pissed right now. I turned off that seattle tigres match after it was 1-0 thinking no way, and avoiding me being pissed. Now to turn it on at the 93rd to see that they scored 3. Im shocked. Could this be the year we end our 13 year drought.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This Video was shot in Northeast, good band, and local too, only had one album

Last edited by a moderator:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weirdly the one thing that put me on to I guess Indie Rock to a certain extent, was a show on Teen Nick, Radio Free Roscoe a while back, great fukking show, and great music on that show.

I miss 90's Rockish shyt like this

^^^Jesus I used to love that song

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No homo, but I used to love them Cheesy Euro Dance tunes, they was hittin

:lawd:

And Real Mccoy:bow::bow:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Some won't remember it was against the same team & coach who kept starters out of the Libertadores last year in the preliminary round, but I do.

Good thing for the league, but I'm sure I'm gonna have to read "Seattle invented beating Mexican teams" for the rest of the year on BS. :upsetfavre:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@SCORCH you ready to celebrate another CL win this year?

it feels SO GOOD to see our boyhood club do so well :to:
QW.gif

Been dreaming of it my whole life :blessed:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Qatar's plans for Dream Football League could see English clubs offered £175m to compete

Four English clubs will reportedly be offered £175 million each to play in a 24-team 'Dream Football League' in Qatar and other Gulf countries in 2015.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea are among the game's aristocrats targeted by the Qatari organisers, whose astonishing plan could redraw the world football map if it gains support.

The sums dwarf those available in the Champions League, which has an annual prize fund of £595 million. Chelsea won £47.3 million for winning last season's competition. The Qatari plans would see them earn four times that amount just for accepting an invitation to compete.

The plans, which will be formally released next month, will see the four Premier League teams invited to join the 16 "permanent" DFL members. Eight other global clubs would then compete on an invitational basis. According to The Times, the DFL would take place over two years, and would be held in the summer in Qatar and neighbouring Gulf states like Bahrain and the UAE.

Neither the Premier League, Uefa, or the powerful European Clubs Association have yet responded to the proposals.

Although it remains unlikely that football's existing power structure would tear up its calendar, the money on offer is stratospheric. And it must be remembered that Qatar were considered rank outsiders before they won the rights to host the 2022 Fifa World Cup.

Qatar's investment in elite football has also seen their sovereign wealth funds invest in Barcelona, whose shirts they sponsor. And Qatar Sports Investment recently completed a takeover of Paris Saint-Germain, the French league leaders.

175m to send the U21 squad to Qatar for a few weeks :jawalrus:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
France: Qatar's 'Dream Football League' report is a hoax - Football - Eurosport Asia

English sports journos are an embarrassment

Oliver Kay refusing to admit he got duped, lol

He's talking about it today. :popcorn:

1) Cahiers du Football was absolutely not the source of my story -- 100 per cent, 1,000 per cent, 175 million per cent. I have copious amounts of handwritten notes, as well as e-mails and texts, that would confirm this.

2) I have no idea what CdF's modus operandi is. They claim to have made their story up -- right down to the "Dream Football League" logo that appeared on their story, which has also been on e-mails that have been sent to me by the prime source of my story

3) I'm absolutely not the type of journalist to run a story of this magnitude -- which would invite scepticism in any case, never mind when there are claims being made by a French website that they made it up -- on the basis of a single source. And particularly not a source that, by its own admission, is low on credibility. If anything, I'm risk-averse as a journalist. If I was the type to take punts based on what one person had told me, I would have run the Harry Redknapp sacking story on the day of England-Belgium last June (about ten days before it could actually get stood up) and the Kenny Dalglish sacking story two days before it happened. Would I really risk my reputation on something like this? No.

4) I've spoken to the original source again twice today and to several other important figures who are keen to add their input. Still nothing on the record, which is a frustration. But there is more where this came from, which should tell you that, no, this didn't come from some "satirical" French website.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/olive...h-website-was-source-his-qutar-football-super

:leon: