Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I really don't see what Jamaica and the like have ever contributed to the world apart from novelty rasta hats.

Reggae music is shyte.

Bob Marley made about 700 albums, he's bound to have a couple of passable songs. Plus only reason he's popular is because thick scummy c*nts associate him with weed. :manny:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
:childplease:

2010 Honduras > North Korea
2006 T&T > Saudi Arabia
2002 Costa Rica > China & especially Saudi Arabia

2006 T&T is one of the worst squads to ever grace the WC. Say what you want about those Saudi teams but at least they have scored a goal in world cup competition.

Fact is Concacaf and Asia/oceania should have 1 less qualifying spot and it should be given to UEFA and Conmebol.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
True, but i think you misunderstood what i was saying. I was really just pointing out the fact that, the ties between the Caribbean and England are still close, and a lot of young players go over to England to train, play in their leagues. Most would rather take a shot at playing for the three lions than playing for their fathers' country. That and like i pointed out earlier, soccer just isnt the number one sport in most of the countries in the region. I imagine if CONCOCAF was a bit stronger/more clout, we'd see a more accurate showing of the kind of talent the region possesses (more domestic talent strengthening domestic leagues so on so forth).

It comes down to the structure of Caribbean Governing Bodies been really shyt and overall lack of money/ people at the top caking a bit too much. The cricket is a prime example of the gross mis-management of the people at the top. Their disloyalty has now kicked on to the players now, who are :ehh: if they play for the Windies or not now. :bow: Marlon Samuels tho.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I really don't see what Jamaica and the like have ever contributed to the world apart from novelty rasta hats.

Reggae music is shyte.

Bob Marley made about 700 albums, he's bound to have a couple of passable songs. Plus only reason he's popular is because thick scummy c*nts associate him with weed. :manny:

such a wind up artist.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
It comes down to the structure of Caribbean Governing Bodies been really shyt and overall lack of money/ people at the top caking a bit too much. The cricket is a prime example of the gross mis-management of the people at the top. Their disloyalty has now kicked on to the players now, who are :ehh: if they play for the Windies or not now. :bow: Marlon Samuels tho.

ya you hit it on the head. Like so much in the region, we need to do better.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
2006 T&T is one of the worst squads to ever grace the WC. Say what you want about those Saudi teams but at least they have scored a goal in world cup competition.

Fact is Concacaf and Asia/oceania should have 1 less qualifying spot and it should be given to UEFA and Conmebol.

Outside of Japan and South Korea (and ill give you the Aussies, even though they are terrible these days) Oceania probably needs to give up a spot too!

concise

Veteran
Daps

And them Saudi teams were the worst.

And your suggestion is terrible.