Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many red cards this season?
3? Thats a lot.

Would you have complained if an Arsenal player hadn't been sent off today?

shaq.gif

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mikel Arteta is the reason we lost this game. His team selection was way too conservative. I said it a million times, this team is dead food when Saka is out. But Saka AND Odegaard out? Zero attacking qualities. Havertz is a wasteman runner, all good things he does on the stat sheet is a result of Saka and Odegaard forcing him to be useful

Why isn’t Nwaneri starting these games? Emery or Wenger would’ve had him integrated into this team by now. Everytime we go down a man Arteta has us playing like we’re a budget Real Madrid. Keep attacking! Such a conservative manager man

I was kinda shocked when I saw the midfield today. I expected Partey to play but not both Rice and Merino. I think if Saka was fit, Rice would've been on the bench.

I think right now, he's overthinking a bit. Honestly, I would've started with Jesus and Sterling. With Trossard playing the 10 role.

But oh well. Once we get Martin back, our play will sort itself out.

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Mikel Arteta is the reason we lost this game. His team selection was way too conservative. I said it a million times, this team is dead food when Saka is out. But Saka AND Odegaard out? Zero attacking qualities. Havertz is a wasteman runner, all good things he does on the stat sheet is a result of Saka and Odegaard forcing him to be useful

Why isn’t Nwaneri starting these games? Emery or Wenger would’ve had him integrated into this team by now. Everytime we go down a man Arteta has us playing like we’re a budget Real Madrid. Keep attacking! Such a conservative manager man

This result had been coming for a while, we've been riding our luck this season. Bournemouth had more energy, braver on the ball, thoroughly deserved the win. I dunno what it is but our football has become worse and worse as time has gone on. We played such good free flowing football 2 seasons ago and now its like we're just relying on a set piece and then park the bus and take the 1-0 win. That fake Brazilian Martin Kelly need to be replaced too. All that money spent and we've got worse. Could have spent 50 mil and got Nico Williams instead we're buying another left back and another defensive mid. Squad depth is shocking, like you said Nwaneri was our best player yesterday and he was only on a few minutes