Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

Nunez can't buy a start

This the first game I thought there was realistically a chance for him to get the nod but not super surprising he doesn’t given the result on Saturday. I think he gets the start at the weekend, the cup game and more than likely Bologna too. He’s going to have his chance to stake his claim and I back him 100% to do it :birdman:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Switzerland got a team named Young Boys and they play at Wanked-Off stadium.

6806-A084-861-F-4-B26-8-FBB-B5135426-E8-D9.gif

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Can someone explain to me why people are grilling haaland for being a tap in goal merchant? I understand pace and touch is important for an all around complete player but he’s a STRIKER that’s his primary job to put up goals, and he does it very well using good positioning with his strength. Can anyone with more ball knowledge explain to me the issue.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Can someone explain to me why people are grilling haaland for being a tap in goal merchant? I understand pace and touch is important for an all around complete player but he’s a STRIKER that’s his primary job to put up goals, and he does it very well using good positioning with his strength. Can anyone with more ball knowledge explain to me the issue.
It isn’t an issue. Just clowns who are Johnny come latelys. I remember when Van Nistelroy got the same criticism during his Utd playing years.

Football has changed so much, that Haaland is seen as an anachronism in the game because he’s a throwback to the classic #9: big strong powerful forward who gets in the right spaces.

People have been “spoiled” by the Messi/Ronaldo era, they expect flashiness and flare for goals.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
our record in europe vs milan is immaculate outside of that one defeat in 07, them losing to this version of milan is unforgivable