Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Also well covered - but the 4k coverage is different
US channels don't offer 4k in streaming or OTA

I’ll need to check it down. Although 4K ain’t that crazy for me. 1080p HD is good, but it might be one of those things that you don’t appreciate till you get it

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Osimhen and Toney in the same team possibly? Both of Chelsea’s targets could be gone :lupe:

Sancho is still available. :yeshrug:

Osi gotta sack his agent now. There is no business adding a release clause into his contract.

The footballing world is moving away from these blockbuster €80M+ deals for players. Outside of the selling club, there is no incentive for any other party involved (buying club, agent or player).

Like those these men listen to Gab Marcotti and his musings on FFP and PSR :what:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Osi gotta sack his agent now. There is no business adding a release clause into his contract.

The footballing world is moving away from these blockbuster €80M+ deals for players. Outside of the selling club, there is no incentive for any other party involved (buying club, agent or player).

Like those these men listen to Gab Marcotti and his musings on FFP and PSR :what:
Apparently Chelsea is still an option for him.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
mm that's interesting and funny because the only english team that has a realistic chance of winning in Europe is city and they have possession based midfield lol...If the situation dont change in a month or so, Perez wont hesitate to pull the trigger on carlos..

I think the defeats to Citeh and Chelsea in b2b years in the CL had a helping hand in what their transfer profile was going to be. It's more about not being able to physically compete with those teams. They dont want to be bullied. Considering how Real view their academy to develop footballers to play multiple styles it makes sense.

They want Rodri for next season. Which will fix a lot of the current issues.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
I think the defeats to Citeh and Chelsea in b2b years in the CL had a helping hand in what their transfer profile was going to be. It's more about not being able to physically compete with those teams. They dont want to be bullied. Considering how Real view their academy to develop footballers to play multiple styles it makes sense.

They want Rodri for next season. Which will fix a lot of the current issues.
:lupe::patrice:. As long as pep is at city I don't see it happening but yet again most players don't say no to Madrid..

Well I can't say their transfer policy hasn't worked that's for sure

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:lupe::patrice:. As long as pep is at city I don't see it happening but yet again most players don't say no to Madrid..

Well I can't say their transfer policy hasn't worked that's for sure

With Citeh they have a busy 12 months. The 115 Hearing and then the decision punishments fallout appeals from that . Pep's future. And how long will Citeh give him to make a decision? as they will have to recruit/sound out someone even if it doesnt come to anything. But will Pep wait till the hearing is concluded? However long that takes (isn't it like a decision by Jan/Feb next year?) Does that work for Citeh to only give them a few months to get their replacement? If he does decide to leave.

Rodri a Madrid Boy might want to go home. Apart from Bernardo they dont really refuse players to leave. The players ask they let them go as long as the price is met.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
With Citeh they have a busy 12 months. The 115 Hearing and then the decision punishments fallout appeals from that . Pep's future. And how long will Citeh give him to make a decision? as they will have to recruit/sound out someone even if it doesnt come to anything. But will Pep wait till the hearing is concluded? However long that takes (isn't it like a decision by Jan/Feb next year?) Does that work for Citeh to only give them a few months to get their replacement? If he does decide to leave.

Rodri a Madrid Boy might want to go home. Apart from Bernardo they dont really refuse players to leave. The players ask they let them go as long as the price is met.
Yea, city have shown that they dont hold their players hostage like that , but Rodri isn't exactly replaceable. Halaand seems that he might like to play for madrid, but unless sir bobby i mean endrick flops that aint happening

The 115 thing is taking so long that by the time they decide , pep will be coaching Spain or Brazil by then:russ: so that is the least of their concerns. as a pool fan i will love for them to leave but realistically from what pep has said he's inclined to stay unless something catastrophic happens like the 115 thing gets resolved quicker than anticipated.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those players profiles are by design. Mainly to compete with the PL teams but also saw the direction football was going. I remember Balague was talking about it on La Liga TV about 12-18months ago.

Low key this team is really built like Dunga's Brasil. They really don't have an out and out creator. Is the Guler supposed to be that guy?(just started watching non Arsenal for the 1st time in years. So mad ignorant on everything)

Madrid should get go Vitinha

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Conference League problems

TV8k33p.png

kEHgMBB.png

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Not saying he’ll struggle but it’s far from guaranteed he’ll be the player they expect. Club football is so variable. He’s not a striker and it seems that’s where he’ll play most
I said this a few months ago during the Euros about Mbappe. I don’t think any of this is surprising if you paid attention. Mbappe needs a clear role. He’s not good enough imo to play this hybrid role like he’s Henry or young Ronaldo. If you’re asking him to be a talisman who creates for other as well as finishes things…you’re asking for trouble. Either ask him to run behind or finish moves in and around the 18. That’s where he’s most dangerous.

Last edited: